Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel
$81
$89
$76
  • Restaurant
ibis Styles Birmingham Centre(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$96
$79
$122
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbrindley placebroad streetstayed herecar parkbarclaycard arenasymphony hallthe sea life centrequiet locationcanal sideminute walkbars and restaurantsall you can eatbuilding workwithin easy walking distancenight lifenight's sleepsaturday night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 10, 2013

If my review was about the staff only, this premier inn would get 5 star. A usual, staff at premier inn are exceptionally friendly and helpful. Have stayed at many premier inns but this is the first where we felt the need to raise the money back guarantee. Our room smelt on arrival. Not very pleasant but had obviously had some kind of industrial clean. It was very cold and although we kept trying to increase the temperature we could not override the 16c auto. Could increase for 5 mins and it just kept re-setting itself. Spoke to a member of staff who said it was fine but they didn't hang around to see it just re-set 5 mins later. The bathroom had no source of heating at all, not even a heated towel rail. I travelled with my 66 year old mum and 7 year old daughter and we all found if very chilly. At night, it was very noisy as there didn't appear to be any sound proofing between floors. It was like listening to a crowd stomping upstairs from 1am to 3am. After the first night, we were given a portable heater and my mum was given a large duvet. Night two was equally noisy. By 2.15, I had had enough and visited reception to see why so many people were running and stomping upstairs. They sent a security guard to check. Noise stopped about 3am. Next morning after breakfast, I spoke to reception who said the night manager had already updated them, they were very apologetic and said a corridor ran over our room (room 10) and that was why we could hear so much walking. There is obviously no soundproof. The floors creek like an old building and walking sounds like stomping... They immediately offered a full refund. I was a little embarrassed by this as would not want to be thought of someone nit picking to get a refund. Not something I have ever done before. However, I accepted as, although a budget hotel, the basic is to be warm and quiet, neither of which we experienced here. Thankyou to the staff for trying, but it's down to the companynow to try and sort a long term fix to the noise and heating (in room 10 anyway).

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious. The lady who served us was a delight and extremely polite. Shame no bar or lounge area in hotel. Would not return this premier Inn but, bearing in mind the immediate refund and apology, we would consider premier inn again. They stuck to their money back guarantee. Hopefully, won't need to raise again but grateful nonetheless.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel did not meet your expectations. We are however, pleased to learn that you were refunded in line with our Good Night Guarantee. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business. The lady on reception (Kal?) was fantastic - so lovely and helpful, she gave me a map of the area, explained where everything was, and even ordered me a takeaway pizza (couldn't be bothered to eat out & had an early meeting!), and offered me plates and cutlery to eat it in my room. Couldn't do enough for me - she really was fab.

Room nice and big, lovely bed, flat screen TV. Deep bath - I had one bath and was tempted to have a second later on (!!) Shower very powerful and temperature good, and this was at 7.30am.

Good location for restaurants etc and a Sainsbury's Local down the road in case you forget something (I did!) and a vending machine in the lobby with bits and pieces.

Breakfast, pretty much every breakfast item you can think of was available. The service was a little slow (for cooked items) but I did visit at the busiest time.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments about Premier Inn Brindley Place and its staff. It was really nice to hear you were so happy with your stay, but we are sorry that your breakfast service was a bit slow. We will try our very best to improve it at busier times. We hope too see you again at Brindley soon!

Reviewed March 1, 2013

Excellent stay, helpful, friendly staff, amazing breakfast and clean rooms. Nothing was too much bother.Stayed in a family room with children aged 10 and 14, plenty of room and pillows for us all.
Would stay again. Breakfast was a bargain, 8.25 for us all, cooked fresh, tables cleaned and empty plates removed between dishes.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2013

Dear crewelladeville,

Thank you for your amazing comments on Premier Inn, Brindley Place. I really hope that you enjoyed Justin Bieber and also staying with us. It is great to hear you were happy with the capacity of our family rooms and that you also found our All You Can Eat Breakfast to be good value for money. We all enjoyed having you and the little ones stay over and hope to see you again soon.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I picked this particular location for its closeness to the Birmingham ICC. Was just a short walk from this are with all its restaurants and pubs.
The rooms are very much Premier inn standard issue although they do not have the latest type shower rail but were clean and what you would expect. The restaurant area is small but clean and cooked breakfasts are served rather than of buffet type. Also there is no bar on site but there are plenty of those in the vicinity.
Staff were always helpful and polite.

Room Tip: All rooms are quiet and our party were dotted around the building our stay covering weekend and weekdays.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear skerlie,

Thank you for choosing to visit us and also for sharing your comments regarding your stay. I am happy that the location and proximity to bars and restaurants suited you so well! I do regret that we didn't have the most recent shower rails as you expected, however we are probably the oldest Premier Inn in the area so some of our facilities don't correspond to the ones in our new openings. I do hope that this hasn't put you off from staying with us in the future and that you willl visit us in Birmingham again.

Kind Regards

Reviewed February 26, 2013

stayed here as daughter was competing in athletics tournament at the NIA. Excellent location and although near busy road with bars/clubs/restaurants, inside the hotel it was quiet. Staff were really friendly and helpful and breakfast was good.. My only complaint would be that having booked a family room I would expect more than just a single mattress on the floor, albeit a comfy mattress! Also think free wifi should be available.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Dear Kvm62,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, as at Premier Inn we do value honest feedback! I am sorry to hear that on this occasion we didn't meet your expectations in regards to the room you had. Unfortunately, every Premier Inn has different types of rooms and the majority of ours are like this. However, you can request a family room with a sofa bed as we have few rooms that have them and they can be set up as an extra bed. I am although pleased that you we happy with the service you received as well as breakfast.

We all hope that you will visit us again at Brindley Place.

Kind regards