Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel
Ranked #16 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Southport, United Kingdom
“great location”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

we stayed hear for two nights, 3rd and 4th feb . the staff are really freindley and helpfull and gave me a map of the city. even had the time to point out were everything was to go and see. The room was clean and comfy .breakfast was really nice and they dont need to have a bar or restraunt as It is a 5 min walk to the canal were there was lots of nice reastraunts and bars. it was only 15 min walk to the bull ring. if we were to go back to birmingham we wouldnt stay hear again. thankyou to all the staff for a nice stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear seren1990 ,

Thank you for staying at Premier Inn, and also for taking time to review your stay with us.
It is great to hear that our team was friendly and helped you with a city centre map and suggested places for you to go.

I am also glad that you enjoyed our All You Can Eat Premier Breakfast and standard for Premier Inn, clean rooms!

We are all looking forward to your next visit at Brindley Place!

Marta Gavrailova

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Myself and my friend had the opportunity to stay at the Premier Inn, Brindley Place, Birmingham on Saturday 2nd February 2013. We were in Birmingham for a conference in the ICC and every hotel within a 5 mile radius was fully booked!
The quality of the rooms we stayed in (number 53) and my friend (56) was excellent. They were extremely clean and well stocked. The bed was huge and as comfortable as the 'sweet sleeper' bed I stayed in when I stayed in a 4* hotel in Canada!!! Considering it was a Saturday night and we were just behind Broad Street you couldn't hear a thing.........I had a wonderful nights sleep.
Breakfast in the (bijou) dining room was beautiful. A wide rande of cereals and fruit, yoghurt, cakes, crumpets, bread, jams and marmalade as well as a variety of teas and coffe were available, and a full english breakfast was cooked to order. The quality of the food was excellent.
Staff at the hotel were courteous and very friendly. Every time we walked into reception we were greeted with a smile and a friendly hello. Nothing was too much trouble and we were made to feel quite special.
I would highly recommend this hotel for people who like to be at the heart of what's going on. The hotel is about a 2 minute walk away from Broad Street and is a 5 minute walk from the ICC, the Rep, Sea Life Centre, and Brindley Place and about 10 minutes walk to the Bullring Centre. If walking isn't convenient then the bus stop is right on Broad Street. The buses are every couple of minutes and are clean and comfortable. The hotel doesn't have its own bar but there are numerous bars and restaurants within walking distance and a couple of 12 screen cinemas!
Overall we had a very pleasant stay and look forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: I had a corner room so it was quite large and the double aspect windows might it very bright and sun...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank joowlz_2000
Dear joowlz_2000,

Thank you for posting this lovely review on Premier Inn, Brindley Place and that you decided to try us out! For us, it is a great honoure to be compared to a 4* hotel and the fact that you slept as good at Premier Inn, as you did in one of these is absolutely amazing. I will make sure I show this review to all our team and congratulate them for their good work, in providing world-class service. I am also glad that you enjoyed our variety of All You Can Eat Premier Breakfast and that you found it tasty and in abundance!

Once again thank you for your time in posting these lovely comments, and we are all looking forward to having you back at Premier Inn, Brindley Place.

Oldbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

other than the location which is close to Sea Life NIA etc. I wasn't very impressed with the place.
There is no evening meals available has the pub it was originally located to has closed.
More importantly if you stay over the weekend (Saturday night ) be prepared for noise from other quests. we were in room 8 and the noise above was constant until late. The receptionist when told said " we do get parties over a weekend, so you need to be aware in future". Some chance of going back !! I was a regular visitor to Premier Inns but they are now over priced compared to hotels with better amenities, ie in this case a restaurant. Our kids bed was a mattress on the floor, not even a bed or 'put me up'
Sorry Premier Inn back to Rooms.com for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DERYK l
Dear DERYK l,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with Premier Inn, Brindley Place. Apart from our location, I regret to hear that this Premier Inn didn't fulfil your expectations for a good stay due to our lack of restaurant and the fact that noisy guests disturbed you at this particular weekend. Unfortunately, this is a common problem for the majority of Birmingham City centre hotels as guests going on nights out, staff parties, etc mainly drive weekend occupancy. As for the pub restaurant adjacent to us being closed, this has been made clear on our website and our team does mention this to guests when taking telephone bookings from site. However, there are plenty of options available in Brindley Place, which is the main area for restaurants in Birmingham.

I am also sad to hear that the family room didn't suit your needs, this is due to the fact that every Premier Inn is different in what rooms they offer family, twins, etc and the requirements for what you were expecting from a family room couldn't be fulfilled at our site due to room capacity issues.

Again, I do regret to hear that you didn't get what you were expecting out of this Premier Inn, and I do hope that this won't put you off from staying at Premier Inn in the future. As for rates, we did have the Spring Fair on in Birmingham first weeks of February and this has contributed to the higher rates you paid and city centre hotels being fully booked due to the high demand. For better rates, check www.premierinn.com and if you book in advance you might be able to get some of our promo rates, which are great value.

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 28, 2013

What a brilliant location - off the main road so nice and quiet but minutes from the NIA and canals. Clean, tidy as you would expect from a Premium Inn. Big car park. Breakfast was lovely asked how much if each item on the fried breakfast we would like. Would definitely visit this premier in again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank suemartin_bathrugby
Dear suemartin_bathrugby,

Thank you for choosing Brindley Place, Premier Inn for your visit to Birmingham. I am delighted that the location suited you well and you enjoyed making use of our amenities. I will pass on your comments in regards to breakfast on to our breakfast team.

We all hope to see you again soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Excellent value for money, very friendly & helpful staff and so convenient for the NIA for the Strictly show and shopping! No charge for parking which is good news and the breakfast was excellent. I will say that there is no bar which could put some people off but the hotel is so close to restaurants, bars and shops that it should'nt be a problem. All in all, we had a great time and will go back again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank SusieTal
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Susieq,

What a great pleasure to hear from you not so long after your stay with us! I do regret that the weather wasn't the best for Strictly Come Dancing and it turned out to be Strictly Come Snowing! However, it's always good to hear how much you enjoyed staying with us as well as our All You Can Eat Premier Breakfast.

I do hope that you come back as you said you would, because we are all looking forward to your next stay!

Ripley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This Hotel is good value, very friendly staff, in a great position. We tried to stay one night before the Sunday, (Saturday 19th) but the hotel was fully booked. I was disappointed when we arrived in heavy snow, as we could have done with a brandy and coffee! But this hotel has no bar, but the friendly gentleman on reception gave us a coffee. Thank you. When we come to Birmingham again, this will be the Hotel for us. My Son & Wife gave us this as a Christmas present & Strictly come dancing tickets at the NIA, which was FABULOUS.
P & J Corby. Ripley Derbyshire

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor, and no complaints what so ever, we didn't sleep very well, but...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jean c
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Hello Mr Corby,

It was such a great pleasure for me and the rest of the team to have you stay with us despite the heavy weather conditions and of course to hear from you again on Tripadvisor. I remember you saying that you enjoyed Strictly Come Dancing and I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us at Brindley Place.

I truly hope that this is not going to be your last visit at our hotel and we are all looking forward to your next visit! I hope you had a safe journey home.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Friendly staff - I was given a free upgrade due to the hotel not being full, always a nice touch.

Big room, clean, big bathroom.

Restaurant was great value - big portions of good food, and cheap.

Only comment for when they build future Premier Inn's is put proper windows in the rooms - it was bizarrely small and didn't open properly? Not really sure what that was about.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank WayfaringVoyager
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear WayfaringVoyager ,
Thank you for your great comments on Premier Inn and that you actually took the time to write this review. I am glad that Premier Inn looked after you and that you enjoyed your evening meal. However, I do suspect that this review was meant for our sister hotel Premier Inn, Canal Side, as we don't have any restaurant available for evening meals.

As for the windows, window restrictors are put into place for your own safety and that's probably why you would find that the windows don't open as wide.
I can assure you that your comments will be passed on to the relevant team.

Thank you for staying with Premier Inn!