“Pay peanuts get chavs”

and 1 more site!
Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel
Ranked #14 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located with good parking facilities. The rooms are adequate and comfortable.
The issue is at £19 a room it has attracted loud, annoying chavs who insisted on having a party next door til 4 in the morning. We let staff know and they did their best to try and sort them out, each time the volume decreased ever so slightly as they continued to push their luck next door. The rooms are clearly not sound proofed at all which only made the problem worse.
It's basically a lesson learnt for us that if we book a cheap room on a Friday night in the city then we run the risk of having noisey chavs next door. Think next time we'll pay a bit more and stay somewhere better!

• Stayed: January 2013
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear philipiouk,

Thank you for leaving us with your feedback and I hope that you had a very nice X-mas and New Year.

I regret to hear that on this occasion we failed to fulfil our guest promise for a good night sleep due to noisy neighbours. December and the beginning of January brought a lot of X-mas parties and guests going on nights out on Broad Street and thus we did experience some noise problems. I apologize that despite our teams efforts to resolve the issue you still didn't get a good night sleep.
I can assure you that this is not the norm at Premier Inn and this particular occasion where night’s team didn't manage to deal with the matter to your expectations is an exception. If you want to further discuss the matter please contact me on 0121 634 7000. Once again, my apologies for the problems, you experienced during your stay with us.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here on the 25 December and it was very quiet and peaceful. The room was spotless and the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. It's in a good location from plenty of restaurants by the canals and is also easy to get to from the M5.

This is the first Premier Inn I have stayed at, and it has won me over as it is excellent value and decent quality. Breakfast was ok, but I am sure it is better most days as the day we had it was Boxing Day.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear wanderingoff,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with Premier Inn, Brindley Place. It is great to hear that your first stay with us was flawless and that you didn't experience any problems, enjoyed our comfi beds and benefited from the location of Brindley Place.

X-mas was absolutely manic for us and many other city centre hotels and I do hope that breakfast didn't let you down and that you would visit us again.

Book online and in advance and you can one of the many saver rates we offer and enjoy Birmingham again.

I do hope that we see you soon at Brindley Place.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

after a difficult night sleep because a group of very noisey lads fighting outside and runnung around the hotel , i have to say the staff dealt with it very good ,cant thank them enough ,on the hotel , good location , nice clean hotel with a good breakfast deal ,would stay there again

Room Tip: all rooms same
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear wbasiross,

Thank you for taking time to leave us with your feedback, I much appreciate you choosing to stay with Premier Inn, Brindley Place.

I do regret to hear that you have experienced noise problems due to groups being noisy. As you know X-mas times were busy for us and I'm please to hear that our team did their best to make your stay more comfortable and peaceful.

I do hope that the above mentioned issues don't put you off from staying with us again and that we see you soon.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

The staff from the reception to housekeeping were very friendly, warm and polite. The facilites were clean and general maintenance was very good. The property is located in a nice quite road and 2 mins walk from varius attractions. We had tickets for the Sea Life Centre which was practically across the road. The large bed in the family room was very very comfortable as was the single bed, much more than ws expected for a budget hotel. Well done Premier Inn, I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear ukrose99,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m glad to hear you found my team helpful throughout your stay. We pride ourselves in ensuring our hotel and facilities within are cleaned to the highest possible standard.

We look forward to welcoming you back into our hotel in the near future.

All the best to you and your family for 2013

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Did not expect much for a family room for four including breakfast for £85. Nice quiet location, comfortable room and warm welcome. No restaurant but there are loads nearby. You can walk into Birmingham city centre within about ten minutes, and the canals are about two minutes walk away. Would we stay there again - yes!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Richard S ,

Thank you so much for choosing Premier Inn, Brindley Place as your place to stay and that you also took the time to leave us with your review.

I am very pleased that we have exceeded your expectations for a family room of 4 and that you also got to indulge in our All You Can Eat Breakfast. City centre locations can be a little noisy some times, however I am glad that you did not experience any problems throughout your stay, and that the location suited you well too.

I hope you have a very happy X-mas and that we see you again soon!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We booked 2 rooms in this hotel to visit the Frankfurt Xmas Market and see the Bootleg Beatles at the NIA. Hotel was convenient for both and had free parking. The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming to all including 2 children. During the night we had to call an ambulance and my husband was admitted to hospital. The staff could do not do enough to help and kept the room available for me as long as I needed it having returned from the hospital without having had any sleep. They provided me with a phone charger, drinks and friendly support. I cannot thank them enough.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Lesley K,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and all of us here hope that your husband is getting better already. All our team wants to say thank you for leaving us with a little present as well, this was a very kind gesture from yourselves and we really appreciate it.

I'm extremely pleased that we supported you through these hard times and I hope that we have done the most we could to help you. I hope that you will be back at Brindley Place, under different circumstances and will make the best of your time in Birmingham this time.

Best wishes from all Premier inn, Brindley Place team, to you and your family and I hope that you have a lovely X-mas.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

we had a brilliant stay here from the staff whom i must say are some of the friendliest and polite people which is a credit to premier inn. room was clean and smelt fresh with a large king size bed very comfy for a great nights sleep. Breakfast was lovely everything we could want and there poached eggs are cooked to perfection,fresh fruit mini muffins even crumpets which made a nice change from just toast. It was my birthday weekend and we always come to Birmingham as i love the Christmas market and the atmosphere will definitely stay here next year and booking early we had an excellent price thank you premier inn brindly place.

Room Tip: we stayed at the back but the hotel is out of the way of the main road so i don't think any room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Denise E
Operations M, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Brindley Place) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear lozzy1959,

Thank so much for choosing our Premier Inn as your place to stay and you left this lovely review for us. I have already read it to every one and our team are very proud to be mentioned on Tripadvisor.

I am so glad that you enjoyed our All You Can Eat Breakfast and especially the crumpets that we offer. X-mas times are special and always busy with the German Market and a lot of events in the area, so I hope that we do see you next year as well for your Birthday. And don't forget that booking in advance will get you the best rates.

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us at Premier Inn, Brindley Place.