“A comfortable hotel with good service”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #71 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed August 13, 2010

My Partner booked us a night here as a birthday treat, I use a lot of Radisson hotels so wanted to try out the local one.

We booked a business class room on a high level which was very clean & comfortable with a floor to ceiling window along the full length of one wall. Unfortunately I had a cold at the time so did not completely get into the spirit of enjoying the hotel, the kitchen staff were very helpful though when I went down in the early morning to find some honey and a lemon to make myself a hot drink for my sore throat

The breakfast was what you would expect for a hotel of this class with an excellent choice of options and efficient table service.

Hopefully I will find an excuse to stay here again some day so that I can take in the full experience.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham

Reviewed August 12, 2010

I stayed here for one night recently. I hardly ever write reviews. My room was one of the "fashion" rooms which looked quite nice on the website but in reality is was a bit shabby. The electricty in my room didn't work (it is operated by the keycard) and despite asking, and being reassured 3 times that they would send someone up to fix it, they didn't. I got fed up and in the end went out to get something to eat and asked them to fix it while I was gone but they weren't really very nice about it.
Breakfast was really good but alas, when it came to check out, there was a queue of about 18 people and it took ages and ages. I don't know what it was about the place, I think it is trying to "upmarket" and "swanky" but the service is so poor and they had no manners. Additionally, the discounted car park is actually quite dark and dangerous and smells of pee (I suppose they all do!) - My room had a lovely view of the Medusa "Gentlemen's" club too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 4, 2010

I stayed in the Radisson Blu afew weeks ago with my sister, it was perfect, the room was at the back as we asked for a quiet room and it was just that, the staff were very helpful, the breakfast was excellent, we got taxis A to B taxi company which are very reasonable and most professional. We ate at the Mal Maison which is afew mins walk from hotel, it was outstanding. This hotel is far superior to the St Johns solliul which we stayed in last visit.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Only stayed at the hotel for just one night for the 'Taste of Birmingham' Festival, but was genuinely impressed.

We turned up mid morning in the hope of leaving a large bag of ours at the hotel before checking in later, but we were told by the extremely polite and helpful receptionist that we could actually check in early.

Our room was both clean and spacious and the bed was extremely comfortable.

Check out was also a smooth and relaxing process. Very impressed and would certainly stay there again if we were in Brum'

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2010

Stayed at this hotel for one night and can only say my stay was faultless.
Magnificent friendly staff, very clean hotel, good standard food.
RADISSON BLU - THANK YOU!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Travelled with 6 colleagues and we all had a super welcome, great rooms, location, excellent staff!
This hotel is blighted noise from local clubs. Every night of our mid week three night stay was disturbed. Feel sorry for Raddison! Do not stay here if you want a quiet location.

Parking is subsidised in the NCP behind the hotel is dirty.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2010

This hotel looks strikingly modern from the exterior and this is carried through in the vibrant room decor.
The welcome and service we got was excellent. We ate in the restaurant one evening and that was a pleasant experience at a reasonable price (for a hotel).
I would stay here in future which is the best recommendation I can make!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends