“Central, clean and spacious”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Chester, United Kingdom
“Central, clean and spacious”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Friendly reception, booked in with ease. Great room - airy, light and spacious lovely breakfast - fresh and good choice, I guess my only niggle was the odd sulphur smell of the water both sink and shower.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
RoderickSmith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Dear Farndonites,
We would like to thank you for your recent stay and feedback it was great to have you as our guest.
We are sorry to hear about the 'smell' in the bathroom, I have our engineering team on the case to get this addressed.
Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel itself was very nice (big, clean, spacious room). The food I had was top notch. Location excellent (near bull ring, near ring road, good nightlife around). No parking though, except to park in the expensive NCP with absolutely tiny spaces, then lug all your luggage back to hotel (5 min walk). Also the gym only opened at 7.30pm?! Seems a bit silly.. people getting back to hotel at around 4/5pm and wanting to use the gym before heading out for dinner at 7/8 cannot do this. I was very disappointed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
RoderickSmith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Dear shazchip,
Many thanks for your recnt stay and sharing your feedback with us.
Unfortunately in the city centre it's difficult to hav your own carpark, which would have my preference over the NCP, in case you notified the reception we provide a discount at the hotel when using the carpark.
In relation to the gym, we open just after the Spa has closed due to space restriction, with the exception of Monday when the Spa is closed, we can only apologise for the inconvenience.
Cambridge, UK
Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Checked in at 9.30pm and given keys to a 12th floor room. Shower fan was so noisy even with the toilet door closed, that I asked to move rooms. This was done with minimum fuss to another room on the same floor. This room had no TV remote control, smelt very poor and had stained and dirty carpet. I asked on the phone if I was in a smoking room and was told the floor was smoking. I asked yet again to move and this time was shown to a 5th floor room. It was like a completely different hotel - clean, bright, refurbished, smelling just fine. So not at all impressed with their attempts to house me on floor 12 and they really must do something about those rooms. All that said, staff were friendly throughout and breakfast was first rate. It was just not the start I needed.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Hisimp
Dear Hisimp,
Many thanks for your recnt stay and sharing your feedback with us.
I totally agree with you why were you not asked upon check in and we could have it right form the first instance.
In April we are upgarding the rooms as you have experienced on the 5th floor, i am very proud to hear that our staff looked after you and you enjoyed our Super breakfast.
See you soon!
Kind Regards,

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night on a Saturday! The hotel from the outside looks huge and very striking! Inside is just as nice! Staff all very friendly! Rooms are big, beds and furniture were a little disappointing as they looked old fashioned. Room was very spacious and nice and bright die to the ceiling to floor windows. The green patterns on the windows are annoying! The TV is also very tiny. Hotel food is delicious, had room service and I have to say it was the best room service food I've ever had! Bathroom was very nice, mirrors were nice and big! Get a lot of facilities in the room too, normal stuff as well as an iron and board. Breakfast is located on the first floor and this was lovely, lots of choice and a big area. Overall very happy and I would visit again.

Stayed March 2014
Dear MrAdyyy,
Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, hope to see you back any time soon!
Brighton
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I visited the Radisson Blu for a weekend break in Birmingham with my husband. Previously, we stayed at the Malmaison but the Radisson looked good and, for the same price, we could get a king size room rather than a double, so we opted for the Radisson. Well I’ve never seen such a small, miserable king size room in my life. The door opened right into the room (a normal hotel layout has the bathroom on the right or left and a small walkway into the room), with the door almost touching the bed. It was a corner room so the layout was somewhat odd. We kept hearing strange noises, only to realise it was the lift outside the room and, finally, upon opening the curtains to check out the view, we had an extremely small window facing a wall. In fairness to the Radisson, we could have asked to be moved but we were in a rush to get out and meet friends. However, this room was over-sold (and, in my mind, over-priced).

The breakfast selection was pretty good, although get there before 10 as we found on the first day that not all of the selection was available and, despite being kept heated, a lot of it was cold. We arrived before 10 on the Sunday and it was much better. They do have a great pancake machine.

The staff are friendly and helpful however they seemed unsure how to respond when I checked out and advised I was really disappointed with the room. The hotel is in a good location and is clean. My departing impression is that it’s not much different to a budget hotel, and this was never my impression of Radisson before but perhaps that’s just my misunderstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for a front room - fab views and big windows (we caught a peak when one was being cleaned). If y...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
RoderickSmith, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Tinablue,
Many thanks for your review and sharing your experience with us.
A pitty you were in a rush as we would happily reallocated your room, unfortunately some of the lower floor corner rooms have not the best of views,I can highly recommend the top floors.
I am plaesed that you enjoyed our Super breakfast and our pancakes, I have addressed already the temperature with our Executive chef.
Serving with a smile is what I expect from each and one of our employees and I am very disappointed to hear that your departure was disappointing.
Once again many thanks for your honest feedback and please let me know if you want to stay with us again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed only for a night but it was the worst experience ever. No soap in the bathrooom, Remote for the TV wasnt working, Bed was moving freely all over the place. Nothing special about this hotel at all even though I requested for a nice room. I really regret not staying in another hotel wouldve been better esp as there were no parking arangements too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sabiha a
Dear Sabiha a,
Many thanks or your recent stay, I'm sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory.
We receive in general very positive feedback about our beds, I will follow up with our housekeeping department and get the bed inspected and/ or replaced.
We always do our best to arrange our best rooms for each of our valueed customers unfortunately we can not always gueantee this.
As we are a city centre hotel we do not have our own parking, however we have rate agreement with the next door NCP.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Excellent hotel, located in the centre of town only minutes walk from New Street Station, the Mailbox and the Bull Ring Centre. Great staff and a quality feel to the interior, rooms and food. I would recommend highly

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Blu Hotels

Dear Andrew H,
Great to hear that you had a great stay with us, we are looking forward to your next stay with us.