“Horrible Hotel with a Dirty room and Poor Service!”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #74 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Huddersfield
“Horrible Hotel with a Dirty room and Poor Service!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business on the 7th January 2013.

The room I was given was absolutely filthy and made my stay in the hotel very uncomfortable, as all I wanted to do was to leave due to the state of the room. These are some of the points about my stay:

1. The floor and wall is disgusting as it is full of stains (very big stains – one near kettle one on the side of my bed!)
2. The carpet is worn out and dirty … I never removed my shoes!
3. The light switches are not clean
4. There is dust on the tea and coffee items
5. There is stains on the blankets – which made my feet itch
6. I had cleaning spray in my room which I assume the cleaners had left
7. The side of my bed smelt of weed!
8. The tables had stains from previous visitors - stains between the glass on the table and stains down the side of the tables.
9. The bathroom is filthy in the corners.
10. The TV has very limited choice of channels
11. The view from my room was a brick wall!

To compound my very uncomfortable stay in the hotel I then slipped the non slip bath!! And 3 weeks later I am still in pain. The service is poor, as when I said my room was horrible and that I fell all I got was a “sorry about that” and I had to ask for the managers details so I could raise a complaint, which subsequently went no where!

To conclude, my stay in this hotel was an absolute disgrace and I will never be staying in this establishment again. I cannot envisage paying £80 for a room in such a dire state. Its old, outdated and really needs to be updated to match the other rooms that are in the hotel. I’ve never entered a hotel and wanted to leave so quickly! All I did was sit in the one position in bed because it was that filthy.

I would warn business travellers that this hotel may stick you in a side room (520) that hasn’t been updated like the other rooms, has no view and hasn’t been cleaned in a while.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ind_07

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
newcastle
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Staying on business has been a pleasure about 10% of the time due to hotel and 50% due to god or bad service. The service here was above average though about a 3.5 out of 5. Comfortable beds, had a quiet room and a decent though overpriced soup of the day. I would stay again if I could get the room for less than my work budget of £120 per night.

• Stayed September 2012
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - I am glad to read you were satisfied with your service! Relating to the beds, they should be even more comfortable with our new cosy duvets we have recently purchased, I hope you will have the opportunity to try them next time.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope to score a 5 next time for service! Have a wonderful Monday.

Best regards,
Devon
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for the first time, having previously used the Holiday Inn, just down the road as a base when visiting Birmingham. What a difference!. The bedroom was large and well equipped. The lifts were efficient, unlike the Holiday Inn where they can take an age to arrive. I dined in the hotel restaurant, the Filini, friendly staff, but not overly impressed with the meal I had. The tiramisu, in particular, had to be the worst I have ever eaten. Breakfast is taken in the same restaurant as dinner is served. Good choice with the added bonus of being able to have your eggs freshly cooked to order.

I stay regulaly in Birmingham and would now choose the Radisson Blu over the Holiday Inn; although both ideally suit for the Bullring, the Raadisson Blu wins hands down. The service at breakfast is a haphazard affair at the Holiday Inn which lets it down badly. The Radisson Blu is an oasis of calm.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the rear, great views from the higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments, I'm glad that trying something new paid off well in the end.
I note your critisim relating to the desert and shall highlight to our executive chef for this attention and follow up, I do apologise you were not satisfied with your desert.

I hope we can assist in a relaxing stay in the near future.

Have a fab week.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Good standard business hotel, and well located in the centre of Birmingham for weekend/leisure trips. The hotel is clean and modern, as well as spacious. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful without being too intrusive.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your recent stay - I was delighted to hear the service exceeded your expectations! We invest time in training our staff to deliever true genuine service, it's great to see it's pays off well.

I do hope you will give us the oppurtunity to host you again in the future!

Best regards,

Stone, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Had a fantastic stay on a snowy Saturday for my partners birthday. Everything was exceptional. Couldn't fault the staff,decor,service,location,value. I've stayed in nearly every hotel in Brum and I rate the Blu the best. We had a room on the 14th floor which was very spacious,lots of treats and mini bar goodies,great view,underfloor heating in the bathroom,quiet,clean......everything you are looking for. We had several cocktails in the well stocked bar which were served with meticulous accuracy.......great martinis.....have the sapphire if you want a serious grown up drink. We walked everywhere from the hotel...the mailbox and bullring are literally minutes away.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sandra,

Many thanks or your kind review! I am sure the hotel staff will be delighted to read of your comments. I am pleased your special occasion went well andI can only imagine how tasty the cocktails were!

We look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Best wishes,

Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

On arrival cocked up check in, card did not work on room, had to trail back down, then another key tried. Failed room scabby cheap bolt to the floor type chair, cheap nasty furniture, marked peeling away, great view, comfy bed, damp stains on bathroom ceiling, bathroom door handle loose, dirty carpet, stained carpet, not hoovered properly, dust on kettle, pulled out furniture drink stick behind unit, very bland wall facing. My bed, all ivory walls, rooms are 2-3 stars. Would I come back? No just go and stay at a holiday in express.

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Check in was fast and efficient. Lovely front of house staff. We stayed in a suite room which had lovely views from the 13th floor, despite horrible weather! (Snow) Breakfast buffet had lots of selection. I would stay here again without hesitation!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Great news to read you enjoyed your stay! We are ready and waiting for your next booking!

Regarding the room tip, good advice, the higher rooms which are our business rooms appear to be popular especially if you like views!

We look forward to hearing from you soon, have a great week.

Best wishes,