I stayed in this hotel for business on the 7th January 2013.
The room I was given was absolutely filthy and made my stay in the hotel very uncomfortable, as all I wanted to do was to leave due to the state of the room. These are some of the points about my stay:
1. The floor and wall is disgusting as it is full of stains (very big stains – one near kettle one on the side of my bed!)
2. The carpet is worn out and dirty … I never removed my shoes!
3. The light switches are not clean
4. There is dust on the tea and coffee items
5. There is stains on the blankets – which made my feet itch
6. I had cleaning spray in my room which I assume the cleaners had left
7. The side of my bed smelt of weed!
8. The tables had stains from previous visitors - stains between the glass on the table and stains down the side of the tables.
9. The bathroom is filthy in the corners.
10. The TV has very limited choice of channels
11. The view from my room was a brick wall!
To compound my very uncomfortable stay in the hotel I then slipped the non slip bath!! And 3 weeks later I am still in pain. The service is poor, as when I said my room was horrible and that I fell all I got was a “sorry about that” and I had to ask for the managers details so I could raise a complaint, which subsequently went no where!
To conclude, my stay in this hotel was an absolute disgrace and I will never be staying in this establishment again. I cannot envisage paying £80 for a room in such a dire state. Its old, outdated and really needs to be updated to match the other rooms that are in the hotel. I’ve never entered a hotel and wanted to leave so quickly! All I did was sit in the one position in bed because it was that filthy.
I would warn business travellers that this hotel may stick you in a side room (520) that hasn’t been updated like the other rooms, has no view and hasn’t been cleaned in a while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Radisson Blu Hotel in Birmingham soars above the cityscape in an impressive 39-storey structure near the business district, convention centre and shopping complexes. The large 170,000 square foot John Lewis and the new grand central station on New Street are just a 3-minute walk from the hotel. The hotel also has NCP parking facilities directly behind on St. Jude's Passage. The 211 contemporary rooms and suites showcase modern accents and furnishings and provide amenities such as Free high-speed, wireless Internet. Experience the unique twist on the classic British Brasserie in on-site Collage restaurant. From sumptuous steaks and smoked haddock kedgeree to a classic British cheeseboard, enter the world of Collage where the theatre of service and unforgettable dishes are the order of the day. Enjoy a cocktail or beer at our Lobby bar or the Collage bar. Keep fit in the 18th-floor fitness centre, where skyline city views enhance your workout experience. The hotel's flexible meeting facilities surround up to 130 attendees with generous meeting spaces and equipment ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Rezidor, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham Hotel Birmingham
- Radisson Birmingham
- Birmingham Radisson
- Radisson Sas Birmingham