“Do not book!”

Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Ironbridge, United Kingdom
“Do not book!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Stay away !! I payed 140 for a two night stay which I booked months in advance!!

Took ages to book in. Was given a room which smelt of raw sewage went to reception to complain the que was that long I had to to ring in my complaint. Was told this would be rectified returned at 1130 to find a party going on next door. Complained to reception heared the poor guy get abused and them 5 minutes later party started AgAin!! By now the smell of raw sewage was to much and I wAs up graded to a better room at 0030 which ment a robe and slippers!!!

I am due in work at 800 it's 0045 not happy!!

I travel a lot with work and this is the worst hotel by far my friends are staying in the encore across the road and have paid 100 quid less than I have!!! I have another night yet in this hell !

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Sams4500
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear guest,

I am disappointed to read of you comments and was unfortunately not aware of your dissatisfaction during your stay, perhaps we can discuss further and look to make things right together.

Please can you contact me directly as I cannot receive any details via trip advisor.

Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 28, 2012

Dark and dreary from the Lobby to the Hotel restaurant. My room features a broken lamp eith misding bulb, toiletries that had been used, A bed that looked as though it had been laid on, a phone that was dusty and sticky and to too it all - dirty carpet. We can't get Internet and no one seems to know how why the pass code they gave us doesn't work. Food in the restaurant was awful and the waiter left my used wine glass on the table even with my second glass on the table. Improperly trained staff at a below average hotel with above average prices. Still eaiting for the hotel manager to get back to us after calling the front desk to alert them of this room's condition!

• Stayed November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments - I believe this issue has now been closed positively after communication together. My sincere apologies for any inconvienece caused.

Please email me directly if you require any further assistance.

Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

When I checked in the check in staff were polite but despite being a Gold member of Club Carlson no upgrade was available which in itself is not the end of the world but is a benefit supposedly offered to the tier below and above. The room has a reasonable view of the road and Birmingham Mailbox but the bed looked poorly made and I checked the sheets to find visible stains. Housekeeping did come promptly to change it but when I returned from my evening meal with a colleague there was no apology from the management or sign they recognised there was an issue with a guest checking in and having to ask for fresh sheets. Have emailed customer services but heard nothing as yet. I am here on business and would certainly not use my own money to stay here as things currently stand. May be another group to add to the banned list, see whether they ever have the courtesy to ever respond.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments, my sincere apologies for your experience, of course not acceptable and will be addressed internally. May I ask you to contact me directly, I have left my details in your message box or you may find this below.

I hope to hear from you soon and move forward positively.

Ruabon, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This hotel was nice, staff were very friendly, the rewards scheme is worth joining, if you stay at 7 of the hotels in the chain you get a free nights stay, also free newspaper. I picked this hotel following an excellent stay in the Radisson Blue in Liverpool with my girlfriend, the beds are really comfortable. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Join the rewards scheme!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments! - I am glad you have found the Radisson Blu journey so far positive and we are looking forward to having you as our regular guest!

Indeed the loyalty programme pays off, so thank you for advising customers, you can join direct at the hotel or by enrolling online at clubcarlson.com

Have a merry Christmas from all the team!

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I've stayed in the hotel quite a few times, it's location is great for the train station and the bullring. The reception staff are very friendly and keen to help, the rooms have air conditioning and extremely comfortable beds. Upgrading to a business room gives you a coffee maker, bathrobe and slipper and unlimited movies, you can then also request a corner room which great views and plenty of extra space. Breakfast is good although does tend to get pretty busy.

I would suggest you save your money and go elsewhere for dinner, whilst the restaurant looks good, it's italian fare isn't great and at times feels over priced. I've struggled to find one starter which I would recommend, most of them are fairly bland. The pasta courses are fairly similar. It's two saving graces are it's limited range of pizzas which are huge and pretty good and it's puddings which are well made. Also you tend to get the feeling that they have a deal on rocket as fair amount of dishes have huge pile incorporated in.

My suggestion, if you want a well placed hotel, with a good bed where you can get a great sleep try this place out, but have dinner at one of the many other fine establishments in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Corner business rooms are large with a great view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear guest,

Many thanks for your review and great comments relating to service and housekeeping - I am glad you slept comfortably and the staff looked after you well, that's what it's all about.

I am sorry to read of your disappointment relating to the Filini menus, we have recently changed (as of 28th) our menus for both room service and dinner and have found so far great feedback to our new dishes, I hope when you stop by again you will give the menus another glance.

If I an be of assistance for your next visit, please get in touch directly.

All the best,

Reviewed November 23, 2012

We checked in without a glitch. Our room was on the 13th floor and views were good. Room was clean and I loved the floor to ceiling windows. The bed was comfortable and the high standard of toiletries ensured a nice shower in the morning.

Breakfast was very expensive but food was good quality. Would probably opt for cheaper city centre hotels in future however.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie P
sarah_duffield, Rooms division manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your sharing your experience, I am happy to read of your positive comments.

Ir relation to our rates, I am not sure what deal you booked last ime, however, we do have a number of great rates to chose from, we also offer customers a advance purchase rate which is 20% off regular rates, however this must be booked in advance, if you did wish to stop by with us again please feel free to contact me directly for more information.

Have a great Christmas! Hope to see you soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2012

Good standard Raddison hotel. Very central location. We had room on 17th floor which had a great view. Staff friendly and helpful although service in bar very slow. There is a NCP car park immediately behind the hotel which is useful (and reduced rate for guests) but not easy to find as you follow the signs for Holloway Car Park, then you get there and the sign above says something different (New Steet I think) and when you get through the barrier it says Albany car park (This is the name given by the hotel). So just keep going for the multi-storey behind the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top have great views and are quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review - indeed we are very central and close to all Birminghams attractions!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon in the future.

All the best.