“A lovely hotel”

Ranked #72 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Swansea, United Kingdom
“A lovely hotel”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I stayed at the Radisson on Sunday with a friend. We were going to the O2 Academy for a gig, and this hotel is the closest to the venue! We stayed on the 12th floor in a smoking room (which is ideal for a smoker, rather than going back and forth). Couldn't hear any traffic, or any other guests actually.
It's in an ideal location, the room's are pretty much what you'd expect from a 4* hotel, spacious, comfortable and clean. Comes equipped with everything you'd need.
The furniture is a bit chipped and the carpets are a bit grubby, but it's not so bad that it'll put you off from staying here again.
I will definitely return when I go to another concert.

Only downside - I'm not sure if there are stairs here. For safety, I felt a bit uneasy about that. There is a book in the room with all the hotel information, but in a state of panic and emergency, I feel like there should be a sign on the back of the door or something.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind comments! I am glad you enjoyed your visit. In regards to the bedroom carpets we are actually in the process of changing them, it's been very busy in the hotel and difficuit to get a quiet moment to do all the repairs.

I hope we will be able to host you again soon.

Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (482)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Poor customer service:
I ordered room service and went over the order a few times as i could tell the gentleman on the phone first language wasn't English but still got my order wrong and only sent one meal up, so had to wait another 30min for my husbands food( and its great when they bring the food to you and tell you you only ordered one!)
staff not interested in my complaint on checking out didn't even receive an acknowledgement when I told her.
Tried to charge a room service tray charge when one is not stated in the in room menu, I refused to pay it and she said she would take it off this time but if I stayed at any other Raddison hotels I would have to pay it? ( I only pay it when it's stated!)
At breakfast we went up to get food and staff cleared our table! Hot, cold drinks & cutlery gone!
'Tired' decor in the rooms a bit tatty for price ( business room)
They let you out the back door to car park when you check out, it was a filthy alley and even dead mice, lovely! But by then you've payed!

Room Tip: Ask for one that doesn't have marks on the carpet, chipped and scratched furniture
Dear Debbie,

I am very disappointed to read yor comments relating to your visit - If you could contact me directly by email I can then look into your stay further and together we can look at options to make things right for you.

Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Travelers are raving about these Birmingham hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here a couple of times but I recently stayed on Saturday which was the best stay. I was upgraded to a lovely room and a nice touch when I arrived in the room with a welcome message from one of the managers. Food was good breakfast bang on time great location, comfy bed but I reckon the TV should be bigger in the rooms :)

If I stay anywhere in Birmingham it will definitely be this hotel and I will recommend the property if anyone stays in Birmingham as its modern and in a great location as well as great service. I have to mention Amie in reservation who is always a help. Thank you for the great stay guys!!

Room Tip: I like heights so higher the better but thats me
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Shafique,

Many thanks for your review! I am glad you enjoyed the king bed, they are hard to get out of aren't they? We are just replacing outr tvs now as we speak so next time your back you can enjoy the both.

See you very soon!

Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for my 21st birthday and was greeted on arrival with champagne, chocolates and flowers in the room. The staff could not have done more for me. The building is lovely and nothing could be faulted inside, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Michelle,

Firstly, I hope you had a great 21st! That's a big one to celebrate. We always look to surprise our guests when we are aware of special occasion, so I am very glad you enjoyed the In room amenities.

We are looking forward to seeing you next year for your 22nd!

All the best,

London, UK
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at the Radisson Blu in Hamburg and found it fantastic I didn't hesitate in booking this one. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the roundabout so the noise from the traffic was quite loud. This got worse on the Saturday night when you mix in all the sirens and drunken people on their way home. The room, although large, was worn with multiple stains on the carpet and the lampshades, the furniture was chipped and, to be frank, a weird set up. We ate in the restaurant and had room service and the food was ok, the restaurant is very cold. Breakfast was good if you were happy with a cooked one, not so good if you prefer anything else. The mini bar is very well stocked. Toiletries are lovely and plentiful. Wireless internet very good. There is a very limited range of TV channels. My husband wanted to use the gym but was told, because he was on medication, he would need a doctor's note something he has never come across before and he travels extensively.One good thing was I did find the staff very good, although waited ages to get served at the bar. In a previous review someone says that this is one of the better Radissons. I don't think I will visit any others if that is the case and won't stay here again either.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mandy,

Thank you for chossing to stay with Radisson Blu once again. I am very sorry to hear your recent stay did not meet your expectations and would very much like to obtain further details from you so we can look at a positive outcome together.

Please email me directly when you have the moment with your booking details.

Essex
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here as I was attending a conference at this hotel. It is situated literally 5 minutes walk from New Street Station. Swift easy check in upon arrival,which after a full days work plus a 3 hour journey alongside commuters is just what you need.
The room decor is a retro vintage style which is not my taste and leaves it feeling cold & impersonnal. However a standard double is very spacious & the bathroom is plenty big enough with the usual complimentary toiletries & fluffly white towles. I didnt find any issues with cleanliness,although Im not a traveller that gets her white glove out!
I did have an issue with a missing remote for the tv which was quickly resolved. The hotel has a "one touch" phone service which I dont think Im a fan of as it did take them a while to answer.
The room service menu is fairly extensive until 11pm and as I arrived too late for the last sitting in their restaurant I did appreciate the choice available. The food arrived within the time they advised but it wasnt piping hot!
Buffet breakfast is the usual cereals,breads,pastries,fresh fruits,juices,smoothies & hot selection & the restaurant staff are warm & welcoming.
I wouldnt choose to stay here, but for business in a central location it is just what is required. Do ask for a room on the uppermost levels as you can still hear traffic noise from the roundabout despite the glazing.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the high levels
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your online review - we appreciate the constructive comments which we can look to work on, we like to hear both positive and constructive so we know how we are performing, I would also like to thank you for your positive comments and hope we have the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the future.

Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

After being let down by the booking system for a pre-opera dinner by the Hippodrome, and with less than two hours to spare we approached Filini's restaurant in the Radisson. Thanks to the excellent service from Natalie, Suneeth and Erika, we had a great meal, served quickly and efficiently. Our stresses ebbed away and we were in good time for the performance. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks Radisson.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for mentioning all the staff names who made you feel welcome, I'm sure they will all be delighted to hear of your feedback, I shall make sure our food and beverage manager passes these great comments on!

We very much look forward to hosting you again.

All the best.