“Yes I can=great service”

Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham
Ranked #74 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
London, United Kingdom
“Yes I can=great service”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed here a couple of times but I recently stayed on Saturday which was the best stay. I was upgraded to a lovely room and a nice touch when I arrived in the room with a welcome message from one of the managers. Food was good breakfast bang on time great location, comfy bed but I reckon the TV should be bigger in the rooms :)

If I stay anywhere in Birmingham it will definitely be this hotel and I will recommend the property if anyone stays in Birmingham as its modern and in a great location as well as great service. I have to mention Amie in reservation who is always a help. Thank you for the great stay guys!!

Room Tip: I like heights so higher the better but thats me
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Shafique,

Many thanks for your review! I am glad you enjoyed the king bed, they are hard to get out of aren't they? We are just replacing outr tvs now as we speak so next time your back you can enjoy the both.

See you very soon!

Sarah.duffield@radissonblu.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (476)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for my 21st birthday and was greeted on arrival with champagne, chocolates and flowers in the room. The staff could not have done more for me. The building is lovely and nothing could be faulted inside, can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Michelle,

Firstly, I hope you had a great 21st! That's a big one to celebrate. We always look to surprise our guests when we are aware of special occasion, so I am very glad you enjoyed the In room amenities.

We are looking forward to seeing you next year for your 22nd!

All the best,

London, UK
Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Having stayed at the Radisson Blu in Hamburg and found it fantastic I didn't hesitate in booking this one. Our room was on the 5th floor overlooking the roundabout so the noise from the traffic was quite loud. This got worse on the Saturday night when you mix in all the sirens and drunken people on their way home. The room, although large, was worn with multiple stains on the carpet and the lampshades, the furniture was chipped and, to be frank, a weird set up. We ate in the restaurant and had room service and the food was ok, the restaurant is very cold. Breakfast was good if you were happy with a cooked one, not so good if you prefer anything else. The mini bar is very well stocked. Toiletries are lovely and plentiful. Wireless internet very good. There is a very limited range of TV channels. My husband wanted to use the gym but was told, because he was on medication, he would need a doctor's note something he has never come across before and he travels extensively.One good thing was I did find the staff very good, although waited ages to get served at the bar. In a previous review someone says that this is one of the better Radissons. I don't think I will visit any others if that is the case and won't stay here again either.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mandy,

Thank you for chossing to stay with Radisson Blu once again. I am very sorry to hear your recent stay did not meet your expectations and would very much like to obtain further details from you so we can look at a positive outcome together.

Please email me directly when you have the moment with your booking details.

Essex
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed here as I was attending a conference at this hotel. It is situated literally 5 minutes walk from New Street Station. Swift easy check in upon arrival,which after a full days work plus a 3 hour journey alongside commuters is just what you need.
The room decor is a retro vintage style which is not my taste and leaves it feeling cold & impersonnal. However a standard double is very spacious & the bathroom is plenty big enough with the usual complimentary toiletries & fluffly white towles. I didnt find any issues with cleanliness,although Im not a traveller that gets her white glove out!
I did have an issue with a missing remote for the tv which was quickly resolved. The hotel has a "one touch" phone service which I dont think Im a fan of as it did take them a while to answer.
The room service menu is fairly extensive until 11pm and as I arrived too late for the last sitting in their restaurant I did appreciate the choice available. The food arrived within the time they advised but it wasnt piping hot!
Buffet breakfast is the usual cereals,breads,pastries,fresh fruits,juices,smoothies & hot selection & the restaurant staff are warm & welcoming.
I wouldnt choose to stay here, but for business in a central location it is just what is required. Do ask for a room on the uppermost levels as you can still hear traffic noise from the roundabout despite the glazing.

Room Tip: Request rooms on the high levels
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
sarah_duffield, Rooms Division Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your online review - we appreciate the constructive comments which we can look to work on, we like to hear both positive and constructive so we know how we are performing, I would also like to thank you for your positive comments and hope we have the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the future.

Have a great week ahead.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

After being let down by the booking system for a pre-opera dinner by the Hippodrome, and with less than two hours to spare we approached Filini's restaurant in the Radisson. Thanks to the excellent service from Natalie, Suneeth and Erika, we had a great meal, served quickly and efficiently. Our stresses ebbed away and we were in good time for the performance. Cannot recommend highly enough. Thanks Radisson.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for mentioning all the staff names who made you feel welcome, I'm sure they will all be delighted to hear of your feedback, I shall make sure our food and beverage manager passes these great comments on!

We very much look forward to hosting you again.

All the best.

Durham
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this hotel via expedia (they wouldn't offer me the same deal direct - which is strange as they have to pay expedia). We got a reasonable deal including breakfast.
A friends trip away - I booked two twin rooms. On checking in we were offered rooms on different floors immediately, or on the same floor if we didn't mind waiting. The wait was only 10 minutes so it wasn't a problem at all - thanks for being so prompt.
Rooms were light and clean. A little bit of noise from the road below, but this is the city centre - what do people expect? It certainly didn't bother me or stop me from getting a good nights sleep.
The breakfast was very nice - good choice and everything was really fresh.
The location was walking distance from New Street railway station, even when pulling a case. Very handy for shops and a good choice of bars. Recommend Jamie's Italian behind the bull ring and you can get a fantastic cocktail at Selfridges if you want to push the boat out.
Great hotel for exploring the city centre.

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor if the traffic noise will bother you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Travel_girl_Durham
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience - May I first mention in regards to room rates we guarantee the best rate directly with us, please let one of our staff know in the future should the rates not be in parity and we will ensure they match.

Thank you for your comments on the room and recommendations, I'm sure other viewers will find this handy, I know myself Jamie's is a great restaurant, we also have a fantatsic Italian in the hotel for you to try next time!

We hope to welcome you back soon, have a great week.

Holywell, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

clean and modern with a nice bar, good service and good rooms. not too far to walk into the bright lights. Better inside than it looks from the outside. stayed on business a couple of times, its my second choice after Postbox apartments at The Mailbox

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
sarah_duffield, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review and for such positive comments relating to the facilities and service.

Hoping to hear from you when you are choosing your next hotel to stay in.

All the best.