Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Marriott Hotels
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$96
$80
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$94
$90
$72
$60
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $68/night.

$179
$100
$91
Agoda.com
2,092 results
All reviewstrain stationcity centrenew streetthyme restaurantnew st stationarriving by trainexcellent locationmeal dealchristmas marketshopping tripbreakfast staffbull ringgood nights sleepnight's sleepgerman marketexcellent staycomfortable room
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We booked this hotel because it was cheaper to stay here and buy train tickets to the NEC than to stay at the Premier Inn there (which we did last year and had a wonderful experience).

When we arrived, we were shown how to use Express Check In and then left to our own devices.
The room was bigger than expected and very clean, however the bathroom only has single sheet toilet paper dispensers... My partner said the shower was very good. This is the first hotel I've been in where towels in the tub means "please replace".
The mattress was very hard, but the pillows were lovely.

Parking at this hotel is absurdly expensive. You can park overnight for multiple days at various car parks throughout the city for a hell of a lot less.
I was also shocked by the price of a cooked breakfast. There were cheaper options on the dinner menu. You are much better off wandering into Birmingham to find yourself some tasty food. There is also a McDonalds next door.

When it came to check out, we were just asked for our room number, and that was that.

Overall, the service was non existent, parking and breakfast were ridiculously expensive and the mattress was hard, but I will still choose Premier Inn again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank ChrissiTaylor
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Just came back from business trip. We received a very warm welcome. Room was very clean and bed very comfy. Facilities were very good. We purchased the meal deal for the two days we were there and were happy with the menu options and the food was good. I'd like to say a big thanks to Kirsty, Ashley and Declan who really looked after us at meal times. Excellent service. Thank you

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Natalie B
Reviewed April 1, 2014

My first stay at Premier Inn New Street Station. This is a new Premier Inn located behind New Steet Station, 5 minutes from the station concourse. This is great if you are arriving by train, and and very close to all the main shopping streets and Bullring and Gay Village.The location is a real benefit close to everything.

As expected from Premier Inn I had a very good nights sleep.All rooms have air-conditioning, so I would expect a comfortable nights sleep any time of year.
I had a room on second floor facing the main street (Stephenson Street), the room was well insulated from any noise outside.
Friendly check in staff member helped me with the new self service check in machines. I did't use the retuarant for breakfast. However, I have another 2 stays here in the next 2 months so I am sure I will check this out, and glad I've booked back into this hotel after my recent stay.

Room Tip: I had a room facing the main street (second floor), the hotel room was well insulated from any external noise so I didn't experience any problems even on a staturday night!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 31, 2014

First time to use this hotel and stayed 3 nights from 27th March. I travel to Birmingham a lot and have used most hotels, I had indicated another hotel in another review as the best in the city centre but my mind has been changed after a lovely 3 day break in this very new hotel.

Easy check in which is self service but a very pleasent young lady was on hand to assist with check in. The room was lovely which you would expect for a new hotel. Very spacious with tea making facilities and a fair sized bathroom. The bar is also very nice with good prices, for Irish travelers, the only place in Birmingham that I have found with Budweisser on draught (smiles). The resturant is very well laid out and the breakfast has everything you would need. The staff at breakfast time are just fantastic and a credit to the hotel.

We had not booked breakfast as part of out room deal but the service and breakfast was so good, we had breakfast in the hotel on all 3 mornings. Its £5.25 for the continental breakfast and £8.25 for the all you can eat breakfast including the hot food. What I would do is advise not to book breakfast with your deal as there is no saving by doing that in advance (they should consider even a small reduction if booked in advance), by not booking, you just decide on the morning which breakfast you may want.

As a regular visitor to BIrmingham, I will only stay here now in the future.

Fantastic hotel, fantastic staff.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank IrishDave
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Just back from overnight trip to Birmingham. Have stayed at thei Premier Inn before and had no issues with it. Thsi stay was even more comfortable than before. I know all the rooms are standard but when on your own I find this reassuring. Everything about the room was as it says in the adverts - had comfortable relaxing stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business