Premier Inn Birmingham City Centre (New St Station) Hotel
Ranked #3 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 4, 2014

From entering to leaving I could not fault this hotel.
It is a new hotel and everything was immaculate
Service, food and facilities And stall I could not fault.
It was right in the hub of Birmingham City Centre and beside Station

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,000)

Reviewed March 3, 2014

We stayed at the PI for a three night stay from a Thursday to a Sunday and what can I say........just perfect. Staff are so helpful and friendly especially young Ash who was so patient with us trying to print our boarding passes for our flights on the Sunday night.

Stayed on 2nd floor and room was perfect for what we wanted. Clean and bright, always hot water and the towels were nice and fluffy.

For the price we paid (£128) as we booked it when the PI had a sale on we just cant complain.

Would defo stay here again for its convenience to the trains tation and everything else you want to see in Birmingham as you can walk around the whole city with great ease.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the lifts as you hear a constant beep if close to them
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Quality of room and breakfast is as you would expect from premier inn.

Very warm welcome from the staff.

Although we were in the town centre we couldn't hear any noise from the city.

At breakfast the staff couldn't do enough for us providing excellent start to the day.

Will definitely be back.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Everything you need for an over night stay in Birmingham, excellent value for money and central location. The one surprise was how quiet it was despite the low price and central location, we were expecting to be woken at 3am by late night revellers but we weren't. My only criticisms were that the check in is a little odd with half being completed by a person and the other by a machine, think I would prefer one or the other. Secondly getting disturbed by house keeping before you check out from a one night stay could surely be avoided particularly when it is hours before you are due to check out. These are only minor points as for the money would still stay here in future.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Premier Inns are always good value but this one has the edge when it comes to staff service. The restaurant and reception staff are better than many 5 star hotels I have stayed at and this counts for a lot in my view!

My other half had an evening meal there and said it was excellent. Costa coffee and 'bikkie' half the price of Costas too!

You will have to take your own shampoo and conditioner but that's it! They provide everything else

We stayed two nights and although we had a bit of a problem the second night with noisy air conditioner, the staff dealt with it promptly, nothing was too much trouble.

I would recommend unreservedly! Excellent location too, !

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Once found - that is a slight challenge, and frustrating when you can see it but can't get to it - a good experience. I was on the 6th floor, and the views across the city were actually lovely! I would certainly suggest requesting a higher floor (there are 7) as despite being exceptionally central, next to the Bullring and New St station, it was really quiet - no traffic noise, street noise etc. Ok, it was a Tuesday night, but even still, there were plenty of people around when I went back to the hotel at around 10.

Hotel is pretty new, and fixtures and fittings in the rooms showed this. Functional room, clean and tidy, really what you expect, although I think £90 for a PI is a bit OTT outside central london.

Don't take the Breakfast option - way too expensive in my opinion - use the McDonalds right by the front door! There are also plenty of cafes and restaurants serving breakfast within a very short walk.

Overall, if you need a central Brum location, close to New St (and Moor St which I used), at an ok price (in fairness I booked at short notice, and the other hotels I would consider using were more expensive) - then go for it. Just ask for a higher floor (there are lifts) to be sure of no street noise,

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I like staying at PI's. They are all very much the same with the exception of the staff and the view out the window. This one got it just right , the right amount of conversation when you booked in and confirming everything had been of when you return the swipe card. The view was great , overlooking the Millenium Square.

I was on the 7th floor which is about 10 floors from ground level As I had not done my daily 3 miles on my cross trainer I used the stairs for my daily exercise. A couple of times up and down the 180 stairs does wonders for the cardio vasculars.

Great nights sleep but I decided to give breakfast a miss as I could not do justice to the 'as much as you can eat menu'

Room Tip: One room is very much like any other. In the event of a fire and not being able to use the lift it i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo