“Great Food”

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #37 of 2,493 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
Reviewed February 7, 2017 via mobile

It's not in the best of areas, being a bit outside of the city centre, and Allison St isn't the prettiest either, but it's definitely worth your while seeking this place out because of the great Vegetarian food. We came for lunch and had a burger, which was topped with curried cauliflower and served with wonderful potato wedges and a salad. Everything was yummy, and the staff were superb! The desserts looked fab, too!!

Reviewed February 6, 2017

Really cool place. Very friendly staff offering reccomendations etc. Our waiter reccomended the arancini starter which I was very happy he did so. It was so good. Had the burger for main. I thought it resembled an onion bhaji. But a very nice onion bhaji! I was very happy with it.

A couple of things need improving to make it a 5 star place though for me ...
1. The chips. The chips were poor! Really poor to be honest. If I had cooked those chips myself I'd have been disappointed. Just needed a bit longer cooking time! ....
2. The choice of beer. Get some craft beers in eg Beavertown.

Reviewed February 4, 2017

I have been coming here for years and the food is always great. I like the fact that they have a small standard menu but that the specials board changes regularly.

They are accommodating to vegans and really know their stuff.

I also like that it is now licensed and that you can get local beer to go with your food!

1  Thank Vegan-Emma
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

I went there to treat a friend who is vegetarian with high hopes but only to be very disappointed. The main course I ordered was the burger which was ok. Chips were not well fried, a bit soggy. Can't comment on the curry my friend ordered since I didn't have that. But the cheese cake was a nightmare. The base was so hard that it wouldn't be cut by a knife. No sure what it was made of. Won't go back again.

1  Thank Jeffreyyz
Reviewed February 3, 2017 via mobile

Super easy to get to, welcoming, helpful staff and cosy environment. The food is lovely and fresh, can't fault it :) definitely the place to go for a meal, vegetarian or not! They also accommodate gluten free and vegan diets