“Good veggie restaurant”
Review of The Warehouse Cafe

The Warehouse Cafe
Ranked #17 of 2,204 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Birmingham's original award winning vegetarian restaurant & cafe. Situated at Birmingham Friends of the Earth in the heart of Birmingham's Digbeth area - the cafe has served vegetarian food for over 30 years. Now a community interest company and having been refurbished, the cafe specialise in vegetarian & vegan foods, external catering and special events.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good veggie restaurant”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I went to the Warehouse Cafe last Saturday (5th April) after first going many years ago. The food was excellant, not being a veggie I chose the Fish and Chips, which I really enjoyed - nice light batter and good pea sauce. All the food looked lovely and everyone enjoyed their meals Bring your own wine. Service was good with friendly staff, Querky surroundings added to the experience. Have a nose around the Friends of the Earth display on the way to the lav. Would recommend this to veggies or non-veggies alike - Book beforehand as it gets busy and if you are driving plan where you want to park beforehand as parking on the street outside is free after 6pm but it is in short supply - best take a taxi/bus/bike.

3 Thank Caroline H

Uppingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food, excellent service, fantastic night ”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Went to the Warehouse Cafe for the first time on Friday night (3rd April) for a friends birthday. We booked a table and glad we did as it got quite busy mid-evening. We had such an amazing evening, the cafe and the staff really did make our night!!

We were an excitable crowed but the staff were absolutely fantastic, they had no problem with us having a good night and their service was second to none. Special mention to our waitresses Georgie and Julia who could not do enough for us and also had a lovely personable quality to them which we needed up falling in love with, thank you. We saw them deliver this excellent service to all customers that evening, so don't hesitate to go along to the cafe to experience fab service and food!

The cafe is set in a street off Main Street digbeth and is closely situated to town. It had a great relaxed atmosphere to it, and the food was fantastic! We had a range of starters, mains and desserts, all of which were polished off without left overs. The 'bring your own' aspect was fab, and the value for money of the food was excellent.

Could not fault the Warehouse Cafe, and we cannot wait to go back and sample the rest of the menu.

Many thanks again for a fab night!

2 Thank Joanne M
London, United Kingdom
“Best vegan meal I've ever had”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I found this restaurant by chance and I am so glad I did as I am certain I will not eat anywhere else in Birmingham again.

The food was amazing, the flavours were perfectly combined. Both me and my partner had the Italian burger (one vegan version one vegetarian). Everything on the plate was delicious, from the salad dressing to the vegan mozzarella.

The decor was perfect and completed the whole experience with mismatched tables and chairs surrounded by art, some of which was available to purchase.

If you're vegan or veggie I really cannot recommend this place enough. I know that I'll definitely be taking my (meat eating) family here as I know they will be impressed.

Friendly staff, fast service, relaxed atmosphere and amazing food.

3 Thank Naomi B
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great surprise!”
Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

I'm not a vegetarian and we went as a group of 7 with 1 vegetarian. The food was delicious with some really unique options. Good value, would definitely go again.

2 Thank zanteee2010
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“ok”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

this place opens at 5:30 and as we were going to the theatre we booked a table for that time
there is a doorbell which it says you can ring between 5 and 5:30 as the door is locked
it was very cold, windy and raining, it was 5:25 so we rang the bell
twice ! oh dear
we were berated by a ginger girl who made a sarcastic comment about not getting a quicker
response by ringing the bell twice, so it wasnt a great start to the evening

obviously a good veggie choice with some dishes we hadnt had before
apparently the veggie fish(haloumi) and chips were very good
overall ok, not the best veggie restaurant we have visited, the owner was friendly
and informative
dont know if I would go back though

• Visited February 2014