“Could be better...”

The Covered Wagon
Ranked #1,367 of 2,288 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: British
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Visited two weeks ago on a Saturday night as a party of twenty of us for 21st Birthday celebrations. I had never been before however what impressed me when I first walked in was the tasteful decor. The Staff accepted my order of Mega Mix grill and I specifically requested that my meat was well done (Not too much to ask is it?) The food arrived all in good time and the food was simply not good enough. My Steak had blood running through the middle and the sausages were well done on one side and not at all on the other! Another Family member had ordered a pie with mash etc, this arrived and it was more like the size of a kiddies meal which also had smash powder potato instead of the real thing not good enough. I would have expected that the Chef would of had more pride in what he/she is ending out of the kitchen as my experience was not good. Cannot fault the guy who served us very polite chap however the Chef needs to learn how to cook! It's a cracking pub with a lot of potential but if the Chef cannot cook a steak or serve decent meals out of the kitchen they really need to find a new profession.

2  Thank PAMK