“Amazing tea selection”
Review of Char Wallah

Char Wallah
Ranked #440 of 2,310 Restaurants in Birmingham
Description: Char Wallah is an independent tea shop specializing in loose leaf tea, with over 90 different varieties available.
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Popped in to look for a birthday present after seeing some on the great reviews online. The shop has an amazing array of teas! The owners are really friendly and welcoming. It was explained to me how the tea selection is laid out and how a sample of all of the tea varieties are in their own little tins so they can also be smelt. I was given a booklet and encouraged to sit down and browse in my own time. The owner was amazingly helpful and knowledgeable. I was also given a couple of samples of tea to try while I browsed. I will definitely be returning and letting others know to go here!

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I were frantically looking for a tea pot and we stumbled upon this place. It had only been open a week or so but we were drawn in by the variety of teas and pots to make them. The shop had just closed but the guy said it's not a problem come sit down and try some teas. Which we did and we must have been in there for a good 45minutes. We treated like family what a lovely atmosphere and a great guy whom helped us pic our tea and pot. Full of knowledge and very friendly. A must try for any body who hasn't.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Anyone who likes tea, and wishes for a relaxing, educational experience I recommend giving this place a visit! The owners are knowledgeable and very pleasant. The tea is some of the best I've tasted. And the whole atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

Amazing selection of tea. Great service. Tea may seem pricey at first but one tube actually lasts a while and you can't beat the freshness or the quality of the blends

Reviewed February 2, 2014

Its a shame really that char-wallah is in an out of the way part of the shopping centre, since it's so well worth a visit.

Nice, relaxing atmosphere and a wide range of teas to try, and for me somewhere a little bit different. A nice touch was the little timer that came with the tea so you can brew it for the right time (information that is shown on the excellent menu). It's now on my shortlist of tea stops - the other "entry" is in Ironbridge!