“It's the season to be jolly!”

Birmingham Wine School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer wine tasting and wine courses for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. We offer a range of wine tasting events, from introductory evenings through to the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 3 Award. All are delivered in a relaxed manner designed for you to enjoy wine just that little drop more. Our events are always fun and friendly, where you will always taste great wine.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It's the season to be jolly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

What better time for a wine tasting event - a christmas gift voucher 'Introduction to the World of Wine'! My daughter's idea of treating her wine loving dad! What an excellent treat it turned out to be. Rob's pleasant personality and what seems like an infinite knowledge on all things wine; grapes, regions, soil type; weather conditions, and accompanying foods to serve with which wines, made for a rather educational and pleasant evening with some rather interesting wines and people for company. Excellent!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank LaTouche2014
BirminghamWineSchool, Owner at Birmingham Wine School - Day Classes, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
LaTouche, thank you for your review. The Intro to wine evening is one of my favourite nights, and I am very pleased you enjoyed. For me wine tasting is just about pleasure, and opening a bottle of wine never fails to excite me! Maybe I should get out more...

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rob's Private Cellar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

My daughters arranged for me to attend this event at the Old Joint Stock in Birmingham and they could not have chosen better. Rob provided a selection of wines that were a rare and special treat to taste and enjoy. Good company and good wine, the perfect evening. I look forward to attending future events.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Peter24B
BirminghamWineSchool, Owner at Birmingham Wine School - Day Classes, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Peter, thank you for your review, and very happy, of course, you enjoyed the wines. This is one of my favourite nights also.. What can be better than drinking excellent wines, with people that love wine... Thanks again, hope to see you again soon, Rob.
Wombourne
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A memorable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I took my son for a wine tasting experience for his 40th birthday at The Old Joint Stock pub in Birmingham city centre. It was a great success especially as I had managed to keep it a surprise. We both really enjoyed it as it was such a different experience. It was informative in a light hearted way. We sampled 8 different wines from Argentina and Chile in a group of 20 people. We all started off quiet and subdued and, after two hours, the room was buzzing with lively chat. We left in a warm glow, not of inebriation, as we had snacked on cheese and crackers, but with a feeling of bonhomie. There is a choice of wine tasting evenings from different areas of the globe and I hope to learn and enjoy further experiences such as this.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank CarolHurley
BirminghamWineSchool, Owner at Birmingham Wine School - Day Classes, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Carol, thank you for your review. We do aim to make our wine tastings fun and informal, and I'm glad you found this on your evening. Many more wines and regions to taste, so hopefully see you at another event soon, many thanks, Rob
Walsall, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Champagne tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

On Friday 20th September I was taken by my very generous friend, who had this bought as a birthday gift from her daughter, to a Champagne tasting evening, held by Birmingham Wine School. We had a great evening, tasting 8 different Champagnes which I really enjoyed! Debbie was our host(ess) for the evening and she told us lots of very interesting things about Champagne along with getting us involved in the evening from the beginning. I would love to attend the Fizz From Around The World evening but don't think I could fit it in this year so maybe if you hold another one after Christmas (my family please take note if you are wondering what to buy me for Christmas!) perhaps I could come along to that........Fab evening, thank you Debbie.

Visited September 2013
BirminghamWineSchool, Owner at Birmingham Wine School - Day Classes, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Hi Gill, thank you for your review. Indeed how can you not love Champagne! Our other evenings where we compare Champagne to other Sparkling wines, like the ones we make in England are very interesting, as it shows just how good we are at making the stuff. And you're right Debbie is great and always full of sparkle!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great evening of wine tasting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

The tickets for this wine tasting were bought as a gift by my daughters. Thanks girls! We had an amazing time sampling a variety of wines and learning which ones we actually prefer. I can thoroughly recommend this event - the host Rob was great fun and there was a ton of cheese and crackers too! Would like to go on another of the courses.

Visited September 2013
BirminghamWineSchool, Owner at Birmingham Wine School - Day Classes, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi, thank you for your review. I always enjoy our Intro to wine evenings. I love to see people slurp for the first time!. This time even I managed to spill some wine!!