“eccellente” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolce Gusto - CLOSED

Dolce Gusto
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Welcome to Dolce Gusto. Literally meaning 'Sweet taste' Dolce Gusto perfectly describes our ethos. We aim to deliver simple, fresh, great tasting Mediterranean food complimented by our food friendly, quality driven wine list. Our wines and food are a true reflection of our heritage, we use only fresh ingredients and are passionate about healthy wholesome food.
“eccellente”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

Fantastic food, great service. Visited the restaurant with my 9 year old son mid week couldn't of wished for a warmer welcome. Felt very confident in letting Franco choose our meals & thoroughly enjoyed every mouthful. Cannot wait to return. If you enjoy genuine Italian cuisine this is by far the best place to eat in the UK.

Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“Traveled so far for such a big dissapointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Paid for a taxi all the way here form the center of Birmingham. On entering we were the firsts ones in. The restaurant was cold. Told we couldn't sit at the back because of the smell of paint. I think this was more to do with making it look like there was customers. The menu looked brilliant. But unfortunately the chef clearly cant pull it off. I ordered the dolce gusto antipasto. It was all fish which i love but this was a disaster. One fish had clearly been microwaved, after telling the waiter he really wasn't interested. My partners mussels were in a watery oily liquid. I also ordered fish for main the mix of clams, prawns and a white fish. So bland. And my partners soggy bolagnaise that tasted like it had come out of a microwave packet was awful. No check back nothing taken off the bill for my microwaved fish! AWFUL! Independent business's should do all they can to keep it going in today's climate. So I would suggest a new chef!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“What a fabulous evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Excellent customer service, rapid food service, a delectable and mouthwatering full course meal. Overall an unforgettable worthwhile and amazing dining experience. look forward to returning in the near future.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Myself & my partner visited last night after recommendations from our friends. We were sat in the front part of the restaurant which seemed bizarre, but was actually really nice. The waiters didn't forget about us & another couple next to us who have visited many times were chatting away (not in that annoying way!!). I would certainly go again, the risotto was brilliant as well as the cannelloni! Profiteroles.... WOW!! Thank you for a lovely evening!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Good food and great ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

It's hard to get the balance right between authentic Italian food and British expectations. The vegetables are I agree a little disappointing but I suspect they are only served to satisfy the British expectation that a main will come with an accompanying veg dish. In Italy you get a main, fish or meat on its own and any veg or salad must be ordered earned paid for as extras, so I think the chefs are trying to please and should not be criticised for that. Especially as the fish and meat are really good and the service is fantastic. I'll certainly be back!