“very nice hotel.”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

A last minute booking and what a lovely hotel. my only moan was getting charged for a free carpark. lol. have informed the hotel of this in the morning on my check out. told the money would be put on my card. hence y i only gave a 3 for the service. if i don't get it back will inform Birmingham council that this hotel is charging for there carpark. free after 6pm and free all day on a Sunday.rest of staff lovely and helpful. room was lovely and clean.

• Stayed: August 2013
NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear 3043nooks,

I was pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us.

Thank you for supplying the additional information to me and I can confirm you were charged the correct rate for your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North in the near future

Neil Parks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,114)

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here for my Hubby's birthday !! We had an amazing time !! Got home today and were already thinking when to book again !! Young girl on reception was well mannered an so helpful !! Would definitely recommend !!

• Stayed: August 2013
NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Rennalls87,

Reviewed August 18, 2013

As with all of the other Hampton by Hilton's I've stayed at, this is new hotel is clean, fresh and stylish. Situated a short walk out of the city centre, on the edge of the Jewellery Quarter, the hotel is handily connected by both train and tram. There is off-site parking in a pay and display just behind the hotel and the cost is £3 per max day. The breakfast buffet is plentiful (eggs / bacon / sausage / beans, plus cereals, bread, jam etc.) and the bar / breakfast room is large enough for the weekend guests at least.
The best part is the price, a lot cheaper than the city centre hotels and really no further away from the action if you don't mind a 5 or 10 minute walk. I would certainly recommend!

Room Tip: Room on a top floor, on the back of the hotel is quiet and away from any noise from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear luckyme200,

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Chose this hotel as it was within walking distance of the College of Law, where my daughter was due to sit an exam in the morning. What a find!! Brand spanking new, stylish and immaculately clean. All staff were welcoming, professional and friendly. Breakfast was included in the amazing price of £39.95 and I had the brand new gym to myself. What more could anyone need??

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear MsHelen11

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a one night stay with friends as we were heading out into Birmingham at night. Fab location, about a ten minute taxi journey which cost us £5!! Staff were very friendly and welcoming. We made our booking through ebookers with a great deal! Rooms were really clean and very impressive! It's obviously a new hotel but its well worth the money! Would recommend to anyone

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Adam H,

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Recently stayed here in a family room and the room cost only £42. Was not sure if this was because we stayed on a Sunday, but immediately noticed the hotel was of a high standard for this amount. We parked behind the hotel in a public car park and because it was a Sunday did not have to pay until 8pm the next morning. On the booking reference it did state that parking was £2.70 per day, but because we had found this nearby car park we did not need to ask about this. The hotel was easy to find despite the major roadworks in the centre of Birmingham at the moment. On arrival through the automatic doors we turned left to reception and were checked in quickly although the receptionist had to be assisted by her male colleague to find my booking. We used the lift to our room on the second floor and had been told the room key had to be entered before the lift would move. I must state this was not always the case as I went down in the morning to put a parking ticket on my car and did not need the room key for the lift. We arrived at our room and it was very clean and tidy and looked new, although I must stress that it was not very big for a family room and the childrens bed consisted of a double zed bed on what looked like the sofa area. With the two beds there was not a lot of floor space. Our room looked onto the railway lines, which pleased my little boy. There was also temperature control available for the room, which worked fine. I did not notice if the windows opened. There were adequate tea & coffee facilities and shampoo, conditioner and shower gel attached to the wall in the vast shower for your convenience. The one accessory I did not like was the toilet door doubled as the wardrobe door. This was based on our personal experience as without thinking I opened the toilet door jamming my little girls foot as she was putting her clothes away, but this is common sense and I simply hadn't noticed as this was about five minutes into our stay. In the morning going for breakfast you are simply told to pick a table and help yourself as everything is self service. I did not enjoy my breakfast as such as the only eggs available were scrambled, the bacon looked thin and not the best and I did not like the sausages. However, there were plenty of options available and this may have been influenced by my stay at another hotel the previous night when the breakfast selection was a lot better. The restaurant worked as a self clear area and you were expected to put your plates onto a red tray and return this like you would at school or maybe in your local Tesco café. I did not find this an issue and despite my issue with some of the hot food there were plenty of options available and the coffee from the machine was really nice so a decent end to a decent stay in Birmingham and I would definitely recommend this hotel. One small thing I would like to mention however, which I found no evidence of, but which certainly made me take notice was the information book in the room and under safety it stated to not open your hotel door to anyone claiming to be hotel staff and to phone reception to confirm someone should be at your door and the person is genuine. I had never been to Birmingham, but this certainly put me off walking the 20 minutes or so to the Mailbox for our dinner and the car was taken.

Room Tip: Make sure to take your room key in the lift!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mark T,

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Got a double room with breakfast around £40. The hotel has been open for only 3 weeks. Staff were friendly, the rooms are clean and have everything you need (i.e. iron, tea and coffee, towels, shower gel, shampoo, etc). Good value for money.

Breakfast was buffet, full English and continental. Basic but did the job. Location wise ok.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Monsoon1234
NeilParks, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham City North, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Monsoon1234,