“Room for improvement!”

Dining options: Reservations
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Room for improvement!”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and i decided to try Fargo's Food Factory as we always eat at one of the many balti restaurants in the area. The service was excellent - we were shown to our table, given a few minutes to decide what we wanted and then placed our orders. We ordered Nacho's to start. As mains my husband ordered The Gringo and i decided on the Vegetable Chow Mein - we both ordered The Fuly Loaded Fargo's Fries. The Nacho's were lovely however, the main? not so much! My husband said his burger was bland and chewy (nothing worse than bland chewy meat!) and the poor thing ended up with just regular fries. My chow mein was tasy (the few mouthfuls i had) BUT it seems they had put Monosodium Glutamate in the noodles which reacted with my stomach forcing me to leave most of my meal. To be honest there was nothing "fully loaded" about the fries either - disappointing! I love the idea of an american style diner and feel it is in a good location but with such fierce competition in the area i feel they really need to rethink the food to be considered serious competitors. Will definately give this place another visit (once my stomach has recovered ofcourse!)

• Visited March 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Food - A must at least once a month!”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Tried it for the first time a few months ago. The burgers tasted of real meat and my favourite were the fully loaded fries - consisting wedges, mince and sour cream. Genius!

• Visited January 2013
West midlands
“Great concept, good food, worth a visit”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Visited Fargos on 2 occasions now, 1st occasion with the wife, ordered nachos to share which was nice with all the dips, 2 cocktails, steak meal and the chinese chilli beef. i have so say the chinese was very yummy.
2nd occasion went with the lads, we all ordered different burgers, everything was fresh and NO processed meat. Some of the lads have never liked chicken burgers but tried it at Fargos and they were very impressed with the burgers and the taste.
The portions are great, the presentation is spot on, not very expensive either compared to other places in Ladypool road.
The selection is good as they do burgers, grills, indian, pizza, chinese, milkshakes, cocktails and deserts under 1 roof.
The decor is nice and atmosphere is good aswell.
Halaal food.
They even have their own carpark which is opposite Fargos (its a garage but fargos have access to parking after 6pm)
I do have 1 negative point though, the service was a bit slow, but i can understand why as the food was fresh and you can tell it was fresh.
I would also suggest that they open from 12pm or 1pm as alot of people visit the area at that time and also close up weekends at 2am.
Since my visits i have recommended the place to alot of people i know who have also visited Fargos and have also liked the place and visit the place regularly.

• Visited February 2013