“Delicioso x”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Willing to support new places in our area, we arrived to a lovely welcome greeting. Tuesday evening four tables with dinners. We went straight to main courses. My linguini with prawns & pollo was delicious, my partners vegetarian choice was excellent too. Menu looked varied. Jyst restricted myself for diet reasons. Glass of chilled rose for me. The meal was as good as our favourite restaurant in Moseley. Glad to have a good local independent restaurant on the High St. For sure will return. Reasonable priced.
Decor a bit weird, the window display its too much 80's trattoria. But if you bypass & forgive other peoples choice of decorating & go along to enjoy good food. Its a winner for Harborne

1  Thank AngelicaGB

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Warm, cosy atmosphere blended together perfectly with flavour-packed food and friendly, attentive service. Excellent value for money and a welcome addition to Harborne High Street. I'm a big supporter of local independent establishments and Emporio Maria does not disappoint. Will definitely be recommending to friends and look forward to going back to try more off the menu soon.

2  Thank KateB434
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I tried out this restaurant this week and my experience was not good. The bread we had was not fresh. The pasta in the dish I ordered was under cooked but was over cooked for my friend. The tiramasu was very sweet. I would say the quality of the food overall is poor, particularly when compared to other local Italians such as Buonissimo and Casa Italia.

My glass of wine was obviously from the end of the bottle and there was debris in it - I pointed this out to the waitress but I was not offered a replacement.

Will not be going back.

1  Thank Johnny95
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Food was lovely!! As were the staff!! Real value for money and honestly the best italian i have visited in harborne ( being a native & loving italian food I've tried them all) really authentic!!

1  Thank Preshdesh
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Visited on Friday night. This is a lovely new restaurant and the food was good although I don't know if the chef is Italian.
Also my friend is vegetarian and will not eat cheese with rennet but the lovely Polish waitress had never heard of such a thing. However, there was a lovely, warm atmosphere and the seating was excellent. I loved my pasta arrabiia and the basket of bread was superb. By the way my friend did not have much choice but to choose the aubergine which did have cheese (with rennet) but she said it was lacking in taste.However, the portions were very generous. The wine was a good Pinot Grigo and the bill was very reasonable. We will definitely be back.