“fresh affordable food”

Cuisines: Diner, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Found cafe by accident, tucked away behind 69 bar. Bike was safe parked up overnight outside cafe entrance. Place is always warm and clean, which is good for when i get off the bike in the winter, lets me thaw out and just sit first before orderng my food with hot brew offered, no pressure to get in and out quick like some places, even when he is busy at weekends.

Met friends their for party with cake, got cake delivered before i arrived and he sorted that out for me because i ran late, which he didn't have to. He let us stay late as he was putting shutters down and closing up at 10:30pm, didn't hurry us out and i forgot about the time, so very polite.

Does all fresh food at good prices, caters for my food intolerances, mainly diary but also limited amounts of egg, shellfish and yeast so takes time too read all his ingrediants carefully and modif his dishes to suit me. My vegetarian and meat eating friends where all happy too.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

we really enjoyed our cooked breakfast here, drink and toast came as part of the deal, So we both enjoyed a large "cooked to order" breakfast for under £10.
I am glad I used Trip Advisor to find this place.
Thanks

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We've been there due to the good evaluations we've seen here but it was such a deception... :(

It took a while for them to serve us the meal, even though the restaurant was empty. The coffee was instant coffee and was already cold by the time they served the meal. The fried breads and the hash browns were too oily. Honestly, I felt oil all over my mouth in the first bite and couldn't go for the second one... :(

Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for a friendly, local cafe, with good quality, well cooked and (very) reasonable prices then this is the price.

On our first visit we both had the large breakfast, £4.90 including a cup of tea. It was a generous portion (didn't quite finish it) and every ingredient was tasty and perfectly cooked - no grease!

There are no frills - it's a cafe - so don't expect The Ritz - but for a cheap, filling meal you can't get better. Perfect for families on a budget.

The cafe is tucked away on an industrial estate, but if you take the time to explore the canal network you will discover some hidden gems.

We have already been back and this place is now our favourite place for a lazy weekend walk to. I'm looking forward to sampling the rest of the menu (the ribs in particular).

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Always consistant, always lovely. Jimmy's family are just lovely and never have on "off" day. Good always fresh and well sourced and cooked to our taste. Will return again and again.