Shanghai Shanghai Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #562 of 2,204 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Shanghai Shanghai Chinese Restaurantis located in central China Town, Birmingham (1st Floor The Arcadian) an easy walking distance from the Bull Ring Market, the Local Theatre and Birmingham Train Station. We quickly became one of the most popular Chinese Restaurant in the Birmingham China Town.The Cuisine here is traditional Cantonese style, typical of what you would find in Hong Kong. We are frequented by many of the local families. We are widely regarded as the best Chinese restaurant for the Chinese in the West Midlands. Our Menu has over 250 dishes, as well as a wide range of drink and wine list. We are also very pround to bring out over a wide varity of authentic hot and spicy Sichuan cuisine, specifically designed to the Mainland Chinese Taste.
London, United Kingdom
“So good!!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We came here as for late lunch to enjoy the dim sum. We entered into the large dinner area which was fairly full of customers and we were greeted warmly and seated. The air con was blowing right in our direction and the kind waiter switched it off immediately. We were asked for our drink choices and handed the menu promptly. We did not have to call the wait to get his attention they took our food order and we were served all our food in one go and it was well presented and hot. We were given three sauces to go with the dim sum namely, sweet & sour, dark soya sauce and chilli sauce. We also choose the Singapore Vermicelli which was nice too. We only had four dishes of dim sum between the two of us and we were completely full and we were very hungry. There were usually four pieces per dish. The bill was very reasonable and the drinks were very good-we also have their dim sum lunch green tea-spot on!!!

This restaurant is a must, especially if your looking for good quality food and superb hospitality. I will have to come here again for my dim sum hit!!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“I would eat here anytime im in Birmingham”
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

The food was really good we ordered from the set menu. There is only 2 things I didn't really like. My husband and I ordered a J20. Normal we will be given the bottle but we was only given 2 small cups witch I know was not 2 bottles. The last thing we had to call someone over to places an order. Other then there, the people are friendly the placed rice on our plate I was surprised. Will decently come back

• Visited June 2013
ShanghaiBluesBrum, Manager at Shanghai Shanghai Dim Sum Chinese Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thanks for your good review and we are all glad to hear you like our food and service. That is what we are working hard for. Regarding the small glass with J2O, I can put hands on my heart to say that small glass does contain a full bottle of J2O! When the first time I pour the J2O into our half pint glass, I thought the glass is a very small for a bottle of J2O. But it does!

Next time when you visit our restaurant again, I will give you a bottle of J2O and that glass to try yourself and it is on the house.
“Shanghai pretty decent”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recently went here situated at the end of the walkway hadn't booked but luckily got table straight away on a sat night. Nice setting and looks modern and smart inside, found many chinese people inside which was a great sign. Slow on the drinks and had to ask again, nice duck and shredded beef great portions but didn't get the rice so had to ask again. Not over cheap at £32 total but correct value for money as lovely taste and portion size. A strong 8/10 but could have got to 9 if they could remember the order.

Lausanne, Switzerland
“Good Cantonese Food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I am a little confused as I thought this business was called Shanghai Blue ( maybe they have had a change of ownership ) any way we ate here late one Saturday evening and ordered your bog standard stuff , duck pancakes , yuk sung etc, etc and I am pleased to report that it was all cooked , presented and tasted very well indeed . Uncommon with some of the other established Cantonese restaurants in Birmingham the staff here were totally friendly were genuinely pleased to see us . The decor was fresh and modern and even the Chinese pop music blaring out was bearable , all in all a nice venue with lovely food , can't wait to go back with the family. If you go looking for them , they are up stairs in the Arcadian.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank EdFinnier
Padua, Italy
“Always great experience”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Every year in May I visit IFSEC exibithion in Birmingham and I enjoy a dinner in this resturant.
The food is really good and sometimes better then original chinese resturant in China.
All the people in this rusturant are Chinese and also the guests are mainly Asian people...
If you like chinese food this is a real must.... just remember that asian people use to have dinner quite early... so don't go there after 18:30 because the chef will leave at 19:00 and you can loose the special dishes like dimsum.
Higly reccomanded.