“Great cinema”

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great cinema”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Decent seats and cheap Tuesdays or orange Wednesdays are good value for money
Has recent foreign films as well!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sairah C

Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“NEVER COMING BACK”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My friends and i WERE regular visitors to this venue until one evening when we bought our tickets and making our way across the the site towards the screens, the manager pointed his finger at me and shouted 'NO YOU'RE NOT COMING IN' from across the lobby. Extremely confused we approached him (who was standing with security) and the little turd said that i (pointing his fat little finger at me) had been on the site the previous night and caused a lot of problems to the point where the police had been called and glass doors had been smashed. I kept calm and explained that it wasn't me that he was accusing and him and his security were getting loud and aggressive with my two friends who were protesting innocence. To confirm it wasnt me the police came onto site and told him it was not me who had caused the ruckus the previous night. I took a refund and never set foot back in that place.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Hamzah_Khan
Birmingham,
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Monsters university”
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Took my daughter and husband to see the new monsters university film. Booked in advance on line and saved on the cost. Easily located at the top of broad street with ncp parking at the back, stamp your ticket and you can get money off parking. Nice clean cinema with excellent seating. All the staff were polite and friendly.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MissyMo243
Birmingham, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Great Seating”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Whilst staying at Malmasion, we decided to go to the picures, bit pricey as it was not a Wed or Sun £15. Did`nt bother with drinks or anything to eat as we had eaten before hand.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Timeoutqueen
Birmingham, UK
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“The B'ham IMAX has moved here!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

For whatever reason, the imax has moved from millenium point to here - but it seems they've not told anyone or publicized it.

At the beginning of the film, a staff member came to the front of the cinema to ask people to tell their friends that it had moved... Is this a poor attempt of being "viral" or just really cheap marketing. Both, in my opinion.

Anyway, we watched (Superman) Man of steel in the imax and it was fabulous!

The film itself was great but that's not what I'm reviewing.

The cinema was clean and although all the screen entrances are upstairs there are elevators. The imax screen is naturally enourmous and the seats feel comfortable. The wrap around glasses are the most comfortable 3D glasses I've ever worn and I forgot they were on within seconds of wearing them. The sound is incredible, but the screen sharpness blows you away. It's not like you're watching a film. It's not like you're even watching real life - it's even better than that!

It cost us around £11 each to watch the film on a Sunday night, which was in my opinion great value for the quality involved here.

I'd say don't be put off by the price - you won't be disappointed.

Car parking at the multi-storey car park behind is chargeable but the cinema electronically stamp the ticket if you ask to get you the first 3 hours parking free.

Visited June 2013