“Great for a lovely wine and view”
Review of Pennyblacks

Pennyblacks
Ranked #667 of 2,204 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Pennyblacks is a lively, contemporary bar serving a wide range of wine, real ale and cider, along with a whole host of imaginative cocktails. With a live DJ from 8pm every Thursday, Friday and Saturday night, plus the biggest sports matches screened live, Pennyblacks is the perfect place to have fun with your mates. Hungry? Pennyblacks have you covered, with a tasty menu to tempt you from lite-bites and bar snacks, to pizzas, burgers and hotdogs galore!
Birmingham
“Great for a lovely wine and view”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I love coming here for meetings (casual meetings), I love the view of the canals. It reminds me that Birmingham can be a very pretty place.

Visited October 2012

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

I love the atmosphere in this place, It's really cosy. The food & drink is quite expensive but its delicious!! It gets very busy too!
The only issue this time was there was no one to sit. We went in about 4pm for something to eat & 90% of the tables were reserved for Xmas do's even though they weren't due in for hours!!! We discussed this with staff and were eventually offered somewhere to seat on the agreement we would be gone by a certain time which was fine. I just thought it showed lack of organisation/staff & appreciation of custom!! The staff were nice & friendly. The only thing I would change would be the management regarding the above. I just hope this place doesn't go downhill due to the apparant lack of care of management.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A good evening!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We went here for my hen do....over the phone the staff were very friendly, and couldn't do enough for us. Different story when we got in there. The area we'd reserved for a large party had people in it, and our waiter was disastrous......didn't take orders correctly, didn't bring my side order out at all, forgot things. I was very unimpressed. The food was boring and bland, particularly the bubble and squeak. However, drinks were reasonably priced, and bar staff very friendly. Not sure I'd go back for a big party like that, but it's definitely somewhere I'd have drinks in on a night out.

• Visited November 2012
Kenilworth, England
“Excellent atmosphere - nice early evenings!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Really good fun, great atmosphere, staff good! A really good place to go after work for drinks! Excellent atmosphere, and the whole place hangs together well with it's choice of drinks, decor, and the fact that the staff are there to serve you, but don't get in the way!

Visited December 2012
newcastle under lyme
“Great comfortable atmosphere!!”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Great welcoming bar after a long day shopping!! Lovely location right next to the canal. Lots of choice to drink and great things to eat and share together. We visit Birmingham once a year and always end up here!!

Visited December 2012