“Tuesday nosh en France”
Review of Le Truc - CLOSED

Le Truc
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Le Truc is Birmingham's newest bar and bistro, inspired by the crazier side of Les Francais. Serving great bistro style food, fantastic cocktails, wines and beers. In the evenings start off your night with 2 courses for £13.95, between 5pm and 7pm, this fantastic deal along side our full ala carte menu. Keep your eyes peeled for our delicious daily specials too. Open all day Saturday for a quick bite or something a little more hearty to fill you up ready for the weekend and happy hour with some Award winning cocktails.
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Eat at Le Truc on a Tuesday evening and enjoyed the special Nosh en France menu. The Loire was the region of the week and our food was superb. Each one of the 3 courses was cooked to perfection and the wine chosen complimented the meal perfectly. Excellent value for money and great service too. We will back in the near future to sample the gastronomy of other regions. Strongly recommend Le Truc.

Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Great meal. Took the nosh en France menu and it was spectacular value for money. Very Parisian atmosphere and deco inside. I would highly recommend it.

1  Thank PhilipGorman22
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband, mum and I visited on a Sunday lunchtime before a matinee showing of The Lion King at The Hippodrome. The waitress who welcomed us was excellent, very friendly and knowledgable and recommended the 2-course Sunday lunch. The food was cooked superbly and was excellent value for money - I couldn't fault the quality of the meal, drinks or coffee - the only downside was that Le Truc lacked a bit of atmosphere as there were only a few other people dining at the same time (but it was only 12.45pm so probably gets busier later). I'd certainly eat there again before or after a visit to the theatre and can recommend the Sunday lunch - cooked to perfection!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Having read reviews as well as info on the restaurant website, I was full of anticipation for my birthday meal at Le Truc.
Good points:
Staff were mostly pleasant and welcoming.
The ambience is boisterous on a Friday night and the decor is funky.

Bad points:
Ridiculously boiling hot environment
The chairs were hard and uncomfortable.
Cocktails mean spirited and pricey
The floors very slippery (before cocktails so not the booze!)
Each member of the party had a problem with the food. It was beautifully presented but unfortunately lacking in flavour, tepid and enough to fill a starving hamster.
Lobster thermidor was ordered as a treat and frankly I have never tasted anything so rank in my entire life. Instead of a smattering of parmesan cheese and then grilled until golden, it was pure oily cheese and grilled until dark brown. The only flavour was burnt cheese. Pointing this out to the staff was greeted with: ' the dish is supposed to be cheesy'. Er.
The accompanying salads were tired and I could see my guests picking through the parts of the dish they were 'able' to eat.

If I visited again, I'd stick to the daytime, perhaps Sunday brunch which I hear is fabulous.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Ate here after cinema on Saturday evening and was very impressed. Staff were very helpful, to the extent of making me fresh mint tea when their teabags weren't up to standard! I had the special, snapper and scallops and they were cooked to perfection. I would certainly eat here again and would recommend.