“Poor value”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed October 1, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for breakfast. Found prices had shot up since last time and food quality far worse. Orange juice (apprehensive about calling it juice) was disgusting. Tasted like chemicals. It's on tap and they don't seem to offer orange juice as an alternative option in bottles. Won't bother with Meriden again. There are better alternatives.

Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

Visited this restaurant before our holiday, food poor value for money and drinks expensive as well. Every drink I requested I was told would take ten minutes to change the pumps. Then food arrived before the drinks. Never again

Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

...it's going to be better and cheaper. My 'bigger' burger was not that big, not as decent beef as BK and not as well cooked.
I'm assuming the chips were cooked today but it's hard to be sure. That and a pint were just shy of £20.
And my order was taken by someone shouting 'next' from the far end of the deserted bar who handed me my receipt without a smile or even a thank you.
And I was invited to add a tip to the total.....

1  Thank James K
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Airports are busy places, I absolutely get that. But there isn’t really any excuse for peddling out what was being passed off as a ‘breakfast patty’... We doubled up for the extra £2 sausage patty - wish we hadn’t bothered. I imagine boot soles would be tastier and less tough... The fried egg yolk had parted company with the white and stuck to the bread. Everything was over cooked. The mug of tea was a classy affair - not. No pretense at presentation here. I’ve honestly dined in more satisfying greasy spoons than here. Avoid it if you can - we should have gone to Pret...

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Busy at airports......sure I get that.
Excuse for bad service and food......NOT!!
Ordered a burger. Sounds very nice when you read the menu. Opted for the naked version, swapping fries for a "large" side salad.
What a disappointment!!
Served in most unappealing way possible. Salad = Few green leaves, 3 slices of tomato and spoonful of coleslaw.
Tasteless beef pattie.