“Excellent place to eat reasonable price great friendly service!”
Review of Il Michelangelo

Il Michelangelo
Ranked #162 of 2,313 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fine Italian cuisine just South West of Birmingham in the heart of the West Midlands. This family owned and operated Italian gem of a restaurant offers fantastic value for money dining, whether it's for Lunch, Dinner, Supper, Sunday Lunch or that Special Occassion.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Went fri 15th feb to celebrate a belated valentines day booked fro 6pm as I'm 8 months pregnant n need food early evening lol. Was a v warm friendly welcome had good specials to offer n even an early bird menu 3 courses for £12.95. I had mushrooms in white wine garlic sauce n my partner has spicy ribs to start both came quick and were delish. We both had spag Bol which was scrummy n had a garlic stone baked pizza with tomato purée cheese which wasn't on menu but they did for us and that was to die for lol. N we had 3 slices wrapped in a doggie bag to take home!! The lady on t table next to me had lamb shank n that too looked lovely! Desert I had a nutty truffle thing with cream n my husband had perfiterolls which was just beautiful all in all a very nice place chatty friendly staff sef our new fav Italian!!!

1  Thank flee222222

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Visited with friends for a birthday celebration made to feel very welcome by staff the restaurant was very busy but service was not compromised they were very efficient. Food wonderful very tasty and well presented. Excellent value will visit again soon

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I vistited this restaurant with my parents on Saturday evening for a family meal. My parents are frequent visitors and really like the food there - especially the desserts! The positives - great value for money, decent food, reasonably priced wine, friendly service and (I agree with my folks) very nice desserts. The negatives - possibly to allow for the reasonable prices, they cram you in! It's obviously going to be busy on a Saturday evenings, but at times there were crowds of impatient diners waiting for their tables by the door. The number of people & the hard floors also makes it very noisy. There are Italians that are about twice as expensive available locally - but their food, service etc certainly isn't twice as good. I'll certainly be back as the positives were many - but I'll be asking for a table well away from the door.

1  Thank Galbie
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Celebrated my wifes birthday the other night and had a fantastic meal. There was a singer that night which was really good. As for the food it was fantastic and the desserts are to die for cant speak highly enough of the service and food and atmosphere of this restaurant a must visit if you like Italian food.

1  Thank mark s
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I recently celebrated my 30th Birthday at Il Michelangelo and I couldn't have wished for a nicer evening! There were 14 of us and everyone commented on the delicious food and how fantastic the service was. I'm always nervous when dining in a large group but all the food came out at the same time, piping hot and there were no mix ups with the order choices. There is a fantastic choice of food and it is very reasonably priced. The wine was also very good quality. The restuarant has a lovely atmosphere and I cannot recommend it enough!

1  Thank Gemma A