“best in midlands.”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“best in midlands.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

i love korean food.
i moved to midland and this is the best korean food i found in midlands.
service was great even waiter forgot my kimchi 2 times lol and even manager opened late and had a good chat
we enjoyed our new year eve there with couple of our friend
had an awesome time

2 Thank bikkuda

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Birmingham
“Top quality food and very friendly service!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having only eaten Korean food overseas I was keen to try Topokki, particularly as my brother had visited recently and highly recommended the restaurant. I was in total agreement with him as the food was very tasty and most enjoyable.

To start we had the Sweet and Spicy Fried Chicken and the Salt and Pepper Fried Chicken which we were both excellent. For our mains we both had Bibimbap (one beef and one chicken), a mixture of meat, rice and vegetables served in a hot bowl, which were both full of flavour and extremely good. We also tried the Ice Cream Mochi to finish off what was a memorable dining experience.

The restaurant has a good ambience and the service was very friendly and attentive. I will definitely be returning when I am next dining in Birmingham!!

3 Thank pnireland
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“A lovely surprise”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stumbled upon this unassuming Vietnamese cafe / restaurant which and spent a delightful hour escaping the bustle of Birmingham's Bullring on a Saturday afternoon during which the venue became almost full.
The staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was fresh, hot and generous. I had a Dolsot Bibimbap - a stone pot filled with rice, stir fried vegetables, an egg and with chilli sauce served separately. This was delicious and perfect for a lunch with a bottle of well chilled Korean beer.
My only criticisms were that the pot was so hot that some of the rice had become hard and caramelised at the bottom and that the chilli sauce was too fiery for my own taste.
However, a very good and inexpensive lunch overall with friendly, attentive service. Would certainly go again.

• Visited March 2013
Birmingham
“A bit mixed!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Visited this restaurant yesterday lunch time with my daughter, who has spent a couple of years in Seoul. Having had a Korean barbeque when I visited her, and enjoyed it, I was keen to try one again and so we went for this option. For me, the experience was a bit mixed. The waiter who served us had very little English and the menu was not exactly easy to fathom so it was hard to know what to expect when it finally came out or how much we would be charged! Also, they had 'run out' of lettuce, which is one of the standard accompaniments to a Korean barbeque! The food was very good, but I was disappointed at how much the bill came to, given that we did not exactly go mad! I suppose this is because the meat was priced at a certain amount and things like rice and the accompaniments were extra.The Korean beer was, of course, quite expensive but restaurants always overcharge for beer. As mentioned previously, Koreans were in the majority, which must say something for its authenticity. Would go again but possibly have something cheaper!

Coventry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Never had Korean food, but loved it, me, my brother and his wife went there, me and my sister in law loved the food and the service was good, my brother's view on the food was average, the food itself was really warm not cold at all, really fast and fresh.
I recommend this to any one. I'll definitely go there again! fantastic

• Visited March 2013