“reasonable, service not great though”
Review of Lahore Village

Lahore Village
Ranked #1,626 of 2,208 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“reasonable, service not great though”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

You typically order your food at the counter, then take your seats. the waiters are not that attentive. the food is good and reasonable value.
It is typically consistent.

• Visited March 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Best resturant for a fast meal”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Food is always served quick, staff could be abit more friendly but definetly worth a try if your in a rush. not to forget FREE TEA when they can be bothered to serve you.

Visited December 2012
“Okay!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Went for a family meal, staff unfortunately were not attentitive as we were waiting for ages with the menu's for someone to take our orders. I guess we just went on a day when the staff were not up to it. Overall The food was okayish.

• Visited February 2013
Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I drive for one hour each way to eat here!”
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I am honestly shocked at the negative reviews! Lahore is, without a doubt, the best Indian food I have ever eaten. My partner and I are massive foodies and eat out regularly. We run a restaurant so food is pretty much our life. We drive an hour each way to eat at Lahore because the food is authentic (not a popudom in sight), delicious and great value.

Lahore is never empty. We have been there at lunch time, in the evening and at 1am (after work for us) and have always found the restaurant at least half full.

The staff are excellent and always greet us like friends, even remembering my partners order of Desi Chi and bringing it to him before he asks.

I highly recommend the Lahore Special - the meat is on the bone and very tender and you can request the sauce to be of a spice level to suit you. It is a stunning dish packed full of flavour.

We recently took a couple of friends (one of whom has travelled India) and they loved it!

In reference to a previous negative review...why on earth would you eat at Lahore and order a burger?! Lahore specialise in fantastic, authentic Indian food. McDonalds specialise in Burgers.

The restaurant is not an upmarket, posh place and neither does it pretend to be. It is relaxed, informal and great value. I have never paid more than £20 for a meal for 2 inc drinks and we order a lot! Can't wait to go back tonight.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Lotus_Management_C
“Overrated and awful”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The place has to be the most overrated place in Birmingham, and I'm not even talking about eating out, I'm talking generally. I still don't understand why anyone with two brain cells and a synapse to link them together with would visit this god-awful place.

Where do I start? I suppose considering it's a restaurant, or purports to be, I should start with the food. It's an over-priced and underwhelming experience which wants you to break down in tears or expel your frustrations in some other form. You don't have to even eat there to get an idea of what the food might be like, just look at their chiller-cabinets; full of precooked food which is then warmed-up in a microwave. 1000 years of Asian-subcontinent cuisine reduced to a 1000 watt microwave - bravo Lahore's. Even the food which they cook "fresh" has no discernible quality. The burgers are bog-standard, the burger baps are warmed-up in microwave and a preprocessed burger patty placed between the baps, topped with dry salad and a miserly amount of economy mayonnaise - why would anyone want to pay almost 3 pound for that? I can get such a burger anywhere in Birmingham, but for far less.
This is not a restaurant where thought is given to how a dish is made, this is a food-factory where food is churned out with no consideration about quality. This is all evident from standing and observing the chefs/cooks for a minutes.

The hygiene leaves a lot to be desired too, I witnessed a waiter carrying six orders at once. How could he manage such a feat I can imagine you thinking. Simple! Put one plate of food on top of another plate of food, so the unclean bottom of one plate is placed on top of the food of another plate. I'm fairly sure this amounts to a breach of hygiene standards, but the management aren't too bothered to correct this practice. The whites the chefs were wearing were anything but white. I think at Lahore's these should be referred to as chef's browns rather than chef's whites. All of this is amazing because you can see it. Lahore's kitchen area isn't hidden from sight, but in full view of their customers, therefore they should make an active effort to make sure the staff wear clean clothes. Alas they don't and they probably don't care either.

There was a time many moons ago when Lahore's was the perceived preeminent Asian restaurant /take-away, somewhere you went for a treat or special occasion. I think this reputation of preeminence was formed not on quality of food but as a result of lack of competition; the best of a bad bunch.

I, for one, will never eat in Lahore's again until they change their practices, improve hygiene and put a bit of TLC into the preparation of their food. Until then I'm more than happy to eat elsewhere.

• Visited March 2013