“Best sushi in Birmingham”
Review of Sushi Passion

Sushi Passion
Ranked #135 of 2,323 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This 7 seater sushi bar serves the best sushi I've had in Birmingham. The menu is very reasonably priced and all sushi is handmade freshly in front if you. It's location in Birmingham's indoor market may not be everyone's cup of tea but the food certainly makes up for the location. Already looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank PurpleHazeUK

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my wife and brother-in-law on Saturday. The food is fresh and prepared in front of you. There is a big selection.

My tips would be.. Book for a seat and let them know how much time you want.

My only down point was that we felt rushed as we ate our meals and wanted more but when we went to order again we were told the seats had been reserved so we were unable to order more. I can understand this thought as Adam has limited seats and a limited time window. Next time I will ask to have my seats booked for longer.

Overall the food was excellent, and all prepared to high highest standards in front of you.

My opinion is this is the best Sushi I have had in years.

1  Thank SwampyAJC
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Poor hygiene and customer service..... Compares to other Japanese restaurants in town they are very expensive consider which situated in the indoor market next to butcher..... Funny location with funny people.....hopeless @_@"

6  Thank Cha731
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is a gem. Only seats 7 covers, we booked ahead and our seats were ready for us. The team prepare each item fresh as you order it, they are hardworking and concentrate on each order, their focus is the food and we are happy with that! We did have a smile and laugh though.
Each item was incredible, the miso was really good, salmon and scallop sashimi beautifully fresh, wonderful rolls and maki. We love sushi and this place is bloody great! We will be back x

2  Thank KBurtonandJBurton
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have been to sushi passion a few times for lunch, both to sit at the bar and to take away. I have also done the sushi making class with my boyfriend. It has been absolutely fantastic every time. It is located in the Indoor Market which means it is quite noisy being a bar means you can see the sushi being made fresh in front of you. It's just a shame that it means it isn't open in the evenings. The sushi is fantastic, the best I have ever had anywhere in the world. The menu is extensive and all the ingredients are fresh, and it is beautifully presented. Adam, the owner, is so passionate about his sushi and is so happy to tell you all about it - where to source ingredients, how it should be made and eaten. When we did the sushi making class it was brilliant fun and he was very engaging and was great at teaching us how to make good sushi. Overall this place is amazing and one of my favourite places to eat, it's just a shame that there aren't more seats or it isn't open in evenings but I understand these are restrictions due to the location. If you remotely like sushi, or want to try it, then come here as it's far far superior to chain sushi restaurants.

2  Thank SusieWibbs