“Decent enough food, poor service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Imlees

Imlees
Ranked #511 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Great little "bistro-style" indian restaurant with about a dozen tables. Great freshly-prepared food, some unusual slants and a couple of "desi"-style dishes to choose-from. Book for fridays and Saturdays though - it gets busy!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Decent enough food, poor service.”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I've been to this restaurant several times and, although the service wasn't amazing, it wasn't bad either. However, I went on the 12th of October with family and the service was appalling. The waiter seemed impatient and the food took over an hour to arrive, despite it not being that busy. A couple of things that really got my goat was that one of the waitresses was clearing the table next to us and plonked and stacked all the dirty plates on our table. Not only is this distracting but rude also. Another point to mention, and this really does grind my gears, was the waitress taking plates from our table whilst the rest of our group were still eating. At one point the waitress noticed my annoyance at this and then made a point of asking me if I'd finished, which is fine in principle but not at the expense of interrupting our conversation.
On the whole, a very average dining experience, but the staff need to pay attention to their manners.

• Visited October 2013
imlees, Public Relations Manager at Imlees, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
The waitress in question was on her first day on the job, as a trainee. She was being proactive and doing things which she was not instructed to carry out. I do apologise for the issues you have raised about the service.
We will from now on limit when we have trainees and also consider other options to train them.

Birmingham
“Horrible and unorganised”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I visited Imlees for the first time on a busy Saturday night with six friends. I ordered the Tandoori Chicken starter which had very little meat on it and came with a salad that was basically shredded lettuce. The Murgh Massallam main was horrible. Very bland and tasted powdery. We had to wait an eternity between courses and ask for water. The waiters were unsure what the main dishes were when they arrived and were digging around in them with a fork to see what was in them. Never again!

3 Thank chunkyallen1965
Sometimes things can go wrong, we encourage customers to give us the opportunity to resolve issues at the time. If there is something wrong please advise a member of staff, so we can resolve the matter and make you a satisfied customer.
UK
“superb place to eat in Moseley”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

One of the nicest meals you can hope to have. I live in Moseley and we often go here, but I haven't been for a year or more, so was pleasantly reminded of how good the food here really is. Went on a midweek evening this week, and the place was full, which tells its own story.
Ambience 10/10
Service 10/10
Prices very very reasonable
Food 11/10 if that is possible. Specifically, try the chilli chicken for starters, gorgeous tasting. For mains we like a bit of heat so had lamb pathia for about eight quid - again, one of the nicest Ive ever had.
For Indian cuisine, go to Imlees if you ever get a chance.

• Visited October 2013
Sheldon, United Kingdom
“Give it a try”
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

I find the food to my taste. The atmosphere is great and its very relaxing. The food is well presented and tasty

• Visited November 2012
Birmingham
“Middling food, middling evrything really”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

went Friday pm. got put upstairs which I would advise to avoid if you can. Odd decor - snazzy lights, a variety of chair styles, olde english paintings, a 1970s fireplace with the odd tile dropping off and carpet with pile so deep it was tricky to move your chair. had 2 prawns in my tandoori starter. lamb chops looked more like mutton and were considered tough with little meat. mains were ok but bland. no licence. nans were lovely. service variable. not worth some of the rave reviews it is getting on this site.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank BirminghamNetty
imlees, Public Relations Manager at Imlees, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
We are really sorry to hear about your middling experience at our restaurant. We have noted your points raised and will action upon where necessary. We appreciate your time in visiting us and writing this review.