“best curry and service”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The place is spotless, staff attentive, food glorious and prices very reasonable. Suriya deserves to be ranked top curry house in Birmingham

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is genuinely the first time I have ever left a review. I felt obliged, though, after such a wonderful evening!!!!!

They took care of our every need (without bothering), served us with simply delicious Indian food and we all had a wonderful time.

The restaurant has very classy, modern decor for example with cooky shaped sofas and a dramatic water feature in the middle but it still manages to keep the traditional 'cosy' feel that curry houses used to have.

Every member of staff had a massive smile on their face all the time. Not in a slimy way. Like they were genuinely enjoying their night. They laid the napkins on the laps of our 4 and 6 year old children first (our kids felt like royalty), brought us everything we asked for quickly and efficiently and always had a generous solution to our questions. For example, I asked whether they recommend the mince (keema) or on the bone version of a particular curry and the waiter said that they would combine both types of meet for me. He didn't try and sell us the most expensive or whatever, he just wanted to help. It tasted incredible! After the meal we were kindly given beautifully prepared and presented ice cream puddings on the house! The kids got given hilarious little kids ice creams in a little plastic penguin. Lovely touch.

And now to the food: It is just spectacular!!! There were 7 adults in our party and 2 kids. We ordered 8 different main courses and EVERY one was simply delicious. Perfectly cooked with obviously high-quality ingredients and with such a range of flavors. We also ordered a myriad of starters and everyone was also wonderfully presented and deliciously cooked.

The place has a lovely feel (for example all the dishes arrive in differently-shaped dishes - just a little but funky touch), the service is exemplary and the chef is an extremely talented man. he even visited us so that we could thank him personally.

This is not hypebole. In my opinion (and my guests were just as knocked out) this is the best Indian restaurant in Britain!

1  Thank ColonelBeadle
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant in17 feb just to try it. It became a very good try. Restaurant looks a bit small from outside but it has nice decor inside. Very good food and service as we had taste we enjoyed the meal on discounted rate. Will defineatly go there again.

1  Thank jbhushan982
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Oh dear, second visit after such a positive experience last time was a very big disappointment. Food as before was good but service the complete opposite of our last visit. Wrong meals bought to the table, surly staff and no effort. I would write more but i think that pretty much sums it up. After our first visit we agreed this would be our regular haunt for a curry instead of delhi 6 but that won't be happening now. This was going to be a terrible rating but Suriya's chef saved the day and only a poor could be given out of respect to the food. What happened Suriya?

1  Thank DS84
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Overrated!! We chose this restaurant based on the excellent Trip Advisor reviews out of more than 700 restaurants in BIrmingham, the apparent "home" of Indian food in England. The food was average and I suppose the fact that it took nearly 2 HOURS for delivery did not help. We were calling for takeaway/delivery from our hotel, and specifically asked for utensils, plates, napkins etc. Not only did we not receive ANY of these items, but because there was a "traffic " problem (told when we called the restaurant 2 times AFTER making our order) and then by the driver (that they were just really busy in the restaurant without people to help out) the food was lukewarm at best. Thanks to the restaurant for honoring the "internet" discount when I called to place the order (after the internet ordering system wasn't working correctly), I imagine I would have been even more disappointed for the value and quality of food we received if I had paid the full price. As the third rated resto in Birmingham out of more than 700 places I expected a bit more...I have had much better Indian food in Istanbul...Philadelphia...Montreal.....

2  Thank majiemama