“Excellent food and great service”
Review of Suriya

Suriya
Ranked #129 of 2,291 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We decided to visit due to all the good reviews and as its about 10 mins away. It was relatively busy considering it was a Tuesday and we can only back up what pretty much everyone else has said. My girlfriend is a coeliac so usually can not have a starter and only one main off the menu (korma) but when this was mentioned to the staff she was given a full run through of what was available and the chef made alternative versions of what she would like, nothing was too much trouble and even some complimentary desserts. I always rate a restaurant on the staff they have and that is why I have given this an excellent.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Quality food, large portions, excellent service, good environment and all that in a low bill. Me being an Indian, really like the food unlike many other Indian restaurants I have been. One of the best Indian restaurants I have been. Parking easily available. A bit far from the city centre though.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Found this restaurant when searching Tripadvisor for somewhere different to try for an Indian meal in the local area. The reviews were excellent and I have to agree with them. I must have passed this place hundreds of times on my way in and out of Birmingham, but it is not that noticible from the main road being close to the main traffic lights and set back behin a service road.
Four of us visited on a Thursday evening, food was good, service was excellent and the price of food and drinks was reasonable. Certainly go again.

2  Thank StevieH110
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Thoroughly enjoyed the evening. We did not book when we went. Though the restaurant was heaving, the staff could not do more to make us feel welcome and arrange a table.
From the starters to the dessert we enjoyed every part of it.
The setting of the venue is also very pleasant and calming.
We were given a private cabin to enjoy our evening, will be on our list to visit on a regular basis. Well done 5 stars well deserved.

1  Thank frank l
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I love this resturant! The food is sublime and the staff make us feel ever so welcome, I've never been to a resturant before where the waiters are so warm and polite. The manager even managed to russle me up a special herbal remedy for my cold and sore throat - a coctail of fresh oranges, lime and lemon juice and god knows what else, whatever it was blasted my flu to hell and now i feel great!

I can't find fault here with anything - 5 star service and food. Im going to recommend this restuarant to all of my friends and bring my family here again next week!

Well done Suriya!