“Very poor customer service”
Review of Selfridges

Selfridges
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I wanted to take my sister to the champagne bar for her birthday. After looking on the website, I could see the details of the restaurant, but wanted more information. I called the head office, who couldn't help me so gave me the number of the restaurant directly at Birmingham. I spent two days trying to call the number but it continually rang out. I was getting nervous, as we were only looking at a couple of days before the birthday. I decided to send an e-mail to the customer service department, who did contact me the day after to say the restaurant was closed for refurbishment and would not be open for at couple of weeks To say I was disappointed is an understatement, but I was more annoyed that a company like Selfridges had not post something on the website, I was also annoyed that I'd pre-booked train tickets. With this in mind I decided to contact the customer service department at head office again and point out in my opinion that they had on this occasion failed to advise customers of a major store closure and that several people would like me just be turning up and be equally disappointed.

This is where customer service had totally left the morals of Selfridges, because despite chasing to ask if I was even going to get a reply, I've heard nothing. It's these lack of standards and courtesy that baffles me and has meant I write this review. All it would have taken was an e-mail of apology or a quick call, but no I obviously don't spend enough in the store so my insignificant contribution can be ignored. I bet Mr Selfridge is turning in his grave at such shocking service.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Been a few times, must admit the staff are little picky! Walk in with top end shopping bags and order bottles of champagne and they fuss you, walk in with Primark bags and you DO get less attention. The food however IS good. By no means Michelin star, but worth it!

Be warned though, it's a long way up and if you suffer heights don't look down!

The staff generally are good, but I've always found you have to wait a bit too long for your drinks & and when you want the bill usually it means you want to leave - so please staff take our money!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

An enjoyable shopping experience, I always like coming into Birmingham to shop in Selfridges and the Bullring.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

High end shopping at the Bullring Centre in Birmingham. Interior of store is open ductwork warehouse design. Food hall and food court is remarkable. Exquisite pastries and chocolates vast selection of wines. A must see at the Bullring.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

With its futuristic appearance and 15,000 aluminium discs, the Selfridges' exterior divides opinion but there is no doubt that it has become an instantly recognisable building within Birmingham's city centre. The highlight of the shopping experience for me was the food hall as I came across lot of items that you wouldn't be able to find in other shops. There are also places where you can get something to eat, the cappuccino I had in Pret a Manager was excellent.