Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
  • Breakfast included
Tri-Star Hotel(Solihull)
Great 4.5/5
1,861 results
All reviewslake viewpillow spraygenting arenaresorts worldshuttle bustrouser pressreception staffcar parkbusiness hotelbuilding workclose to the airportgood nights sleepfollowing morningstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentnight's sleepfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Clean, well decorated rooms with comfy double food. Breakfast spot on, evening meal good but a little pricey. Highlight though is the staff in all departments who with excellent service make your stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Dabren1963,

thank you very much for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had a little hick up on the first night and the management went out of their way to ensure it never happened again and went above and beyond expectations to do so. Rooms are good, staff are excellent, food is well cooked and presented and service was always with a genuine smile. Keep up the good work. This is where I will be staying whenever I'm at the NEC.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Phill T,

thank you very much for your positive review regarding your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that our team resolved your issue to your satisfaction and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

5 minutes walk from LG. Room clean, really comfortable bed, breakfast very good. Stayed on a Saturday so noise from the building works wasn't an issue. Make sure you shop around for price as found it third cheaper on comparison sites.

Dear clairew18,

thank you very much for your feedback and I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

Stayed for the period of an exhibition at the NEC. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms are well looked after. A couple of gripes I would share though. The first is the cost of the breakfast which at £15 is extraordinary. If you can get a rate that includes it that is reasonable book it rather than pay separately. The second is the position. If you are attending an exhibition in halls 18, 19 or 20 be aware that there is a twenty minute walk to them which at the end of a long day on an exhibition stand is a chore. Other than that great place as a business base.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear Colin S,

thank you very much for your online review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I hope you will be back with us again soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed here last week whilst at a conference. The hotel is so accessible to the convention center and they have a shuttle bus if you need it.
Check in was lovely with a very friendly front officer manager a little slow due to the system but she did her best with it. I noticed there is not great communication between reservations and front office. I had a few problems with reservations which was a little stressful.
The rooms where lovely and they even had a little sleep set on my pillow. A little lavender pillow spray and lavender oil to help you sleep. Such a nice touch...
I ate in the bar, the food was nice for hotel food and staff where super friendly.
I did not have breakfast but check out was quick and shuttle bus that morning was brilliant.
The staff and management make this hotel and you can tell they really pay attention to the little things.
Good job!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear lilywhite77,

thank you very much for your positive review regarding your stay.

I am very pleased to hear that you fully enjoyed your time with us and I hope you will be staying with us again in future.