Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Orbitz.com
$99
$92
1,877 results
All reviewslake viewpillow spraygenting arenaresorts worldshuttle bustrouser pressreception staffcar parkbusiness hotelbuilding workclose to the airportgood nights sleepfollowing morningstayed here for one nightbreakfast was excellentnight's sleepfull english
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

I only booked this place because u was watching a maroon 5 concert, the service was good but the walls in the hotel seemed really thin because we could hear everything next door. The tv channels were poor but that's to be expected. The beds we're comfy but like I said I'd try somewhere else if I came back to Birmingham.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
David S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Jareth R,

thank you for you feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you would not stay with us again and that you found that our walls are very thin and your stay was disrupted by noise, but I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I booked this hotel after looking at the reviews and it didn't let us down. We just wanted a good nights sleep before a very early start. The reception staff were lovely and friendly when we were checking in I just asked that we had a quite room which I had asked for at central reservations at IHG.The lady on reception said we hadn't been booked into the quiet zone but would change it immediately no problem. The room over looked the lake but unfortunately we arrived in the dark and left in the dark but we got to see it illuminated. We had a standard room which was comfortable clean medium size lovely comfy large bed excellent pillows and really soft quilt. we had a bar meal as the main restaurant was closed as it was Christmas but that suited us fine we had chicken breast burger and beef burger with chips and two drinks one soft one lager and it was £20 which is reasonable I think. We left early he next morning for the airport unfortunately the shuttle which takes you to the airport doesn't run at that time so the hotel booked us a taxi which was £8 and that was at 4am so not bad and it only took £ mins to get there. On return from our holiday we decided to again get a taxi so couldn't comment again on the shuttle. our barrier ticket was first validated at reception then we were swiftly on our way after picking our car up from the hotel car park. We also chose this hotel as all the hotels at the airport used the off site parking taking your car away and I need an over night bag which I want to leave in my car the morning of my flight and not take it on hols with me. And this hotel you are able to keep your car keys and so leave anything like coats and bags in your car while you are away. We would def use again.

Room Tip: if you find it hard to sleep ask to be in the quiet zone
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear nickyjayne,

thank you very much for taking the time and leaving us such good feedback about your stay.

I am pleased to hear that you had a relaxing start to your holiday and I do hope you will be staying with us again when you are flying from Birmingham.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very clean and great beds. We booked for the night before our flight and left the car at the hotel. So simple and excellent value. Would use again but food was not too good. Very limited bar menu and the room service menu was not available - they did serve the food in our room but it was chosen off the bar menu. Good size portion but the quality was not there.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
David S, Cluster General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear shirleyannconroy,

thank you for your feedback regarding your stay.

I hope you had a lovely time away and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry that the food was limited and not up to standard.

I still hope you will be staying with us again in future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

From the minute we stepped through the doors we felt very welcomed, the staff we're very helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The reason for our stay was to watch a concert in the LG arena at the NEC and we couldn't have stayed any closer. We will be staying again for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh
David S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Dear Rob G,

thank you very much for your positive review.

I am very pleased to hear that you had a fantastic stay with us and that the staff made you feel welcome.

I hope to welcome you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Stayed here twice , first occasion was really good , great room and staff helpful, second occasion room was full of defects that house keeping should have picked up before allowing room to be used , also the location of smokers area under room was not only noisy but smoke came up into room,a big downer was the bill was incorrect and over charged many phone calls and 10 days later resolved, for a hotel of this standard I would have expected a service to match room price , premier Inn more on top of guest's needs ,would use again only for location to L.G .

Room Tip: Make sure your happy with quality of room
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear Pete O,

thank you very much for taking the time and leaving your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you second stay with us has not been up to standard and that there were issues with the room. I can assure you that we aim to provide excellent service and facilities to our guests.
Also, I am very sorry that the issue regarding the overcharge was not dealt with in a more efficient manner.

I hope you will be staying with us in future so that we can show you that we can deliver great customer service.