“Enjoyed our stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
swansea
“Enjoyed our stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay here before thomas land
Very child friendly
Good value and good quality dinner in restaurant
Room good standard and comfortable bed
Nice surrounding lake and bar was nice but usual expensive bar prices

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
David S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Ratkarth,

Thank you for taking time to give us feedback. It is important to us to hear back from our guests. I am really happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us here at Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC. I am pleased that you were able to relax and enjoy yourselves before your trip to Thomas land. I'm looking forward to seeing you and your family coming back to stay with us.

David

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Indonesian first
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on a deal rate from lastminute and I've got to say it was tremendous value for money. Comfortable beds, nice linens and soft fluffy towels. Price of stay even included 15 days parking!!!
The view from the room overlooked a building site but as this was a business trip this didn't bother me at all.
Tip, apparently breakfast vouchers can be bought from reception to save money.. Didn't need (the rather overpriced) wifi as really good 3G reception on my phone.
Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Liznay,

I am delighted to see your comment; thank you for the kind words! I am really pleased to hear that you had a great experience staying with us here at Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC. I'm really pleased to hear that you had a good night's sleep and found our beds comfy! I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.

Lincolnshire
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is the WORST hotel experience i have ever had. We stayed here because of the location close to NEC but never again. The receptionist really needs a course in customer service, our rooms were not ready when we arrived. When we did finally get a room after a 2 hour wait, we were shown into a unclean, used room where no cleaner had seen for a few days, towels had been used, disgusting!! We complained and had to wait another hour before being shown into a room which smelt and as we were off to a concert we had no time to change again. I seriously advise anyone thinking of staying here.... dont!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear ClaireLincoln2012,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am really sorry about all the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. I understand your frustration. I take your comments very seriously. We aim to provide high quality of service here at Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC and therefore it is crucial to hear back from our guests. Our Front Office Manager will be in contact with you shortly. Please accept my sincere apologies. I do hope to see you here at Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC so we can look after you.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the Jimmi Hendrix suite for one night, this hotel was chosen because of its location for the NEC. The room isn't huge but is very comfortable as was the bed and we had a good night sleep. We'd booked the bed, breakfast and evening meal package. That evening the restaurant was serving a carvery, at first I was very disappointed as I really wouldn't have chosen that. It was explained that we could choose off the menu up to the value of £20.00 on the room deal. We both decided to go with the carvery and I have to say the meal was excellent, couldn't fault anything. The breakfast was lovely too, lots of choice and good service at both dinner and breakfast!
We used the shuttle service to and back from the NEC twice and found it to be excellent.
The service we received on checking in and out was very efficient and friendly.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear 77belle,

Thank you for your kind words! I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our chef will be very pleased to hear that you liked the carvery. I will pass forward your kind words to our team members. We hope to see you soon here at Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC!

Mansfield, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

As a IHG Platinum member I know something of the hotel grades, and this is a poor Crowne Plaza and should be a really good Holiday Inn. It aspires to be everything the brand demands but nothing quite meets the bar. The rooms are nice, but cramped & awkwardly laid out, the staff are helpful but there's nothing like enough of them & the place has a "we're trying really hard, give us a minute" vibe. Awesome location if you're attending an event at the NEC or using Birmingham airport.

Room Tip: Get a high floor away from the NEC foor traffic noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Eddy E
David S, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Eddy E,

thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC.

I am sorry to hear that you have not fully enjoyed your stay with us and that you are disappointed about the service and facilities we offer.
We are always aiming at providing excellent customer service and I am sorry if we did not meet your expectations during your stay.
I do hope that you will stay with us again in the future when you are in the area.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

I used this hotel because I was going on my holidays.
I parked my car and stayed the night as it was close to Birmingham airport.
The hotel is beautiful and the staff where amazing and very helpful.
The car park is big with lots of cameras to watch your car.
The room was very comfy and had the best sleep.
The dinner we had was good value and the bar was very good too.
The hotel runs a shuttle service it was not running at the time we had to leave so they got us a taxi and they payed. Brilliant hotel with nice views of the lake and the nec. 5tars

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Emma T,

thank you for your time to write a review.

I am very pleased to hear that you fully enjoyed your time with us and it is great to hear that you found our staff amazing and very helpful. Also, I am happy that you had a good night's sleep and enjoyed the food.
I do hope you will be staying with us again next time when you are in Birmingham.

Kind Regards,

Coventry, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is absolutely perfect if you are going on holiday for a few weeks!! Me and my partner purchased this hotel with parking while we visited Mexico on holiday!! This hotel is cheaper than Birmingham airports parking on its own!

It was a lovely stay bed was amazingly comfy just what I needed before jetting off the following day!! Great start to my holiday out me in the perfect holiday mood. Will book again on my next holiday if we fly from Birmingham airport!!

Well done and thanks for a lovely stay!!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear SunLover-Jess,

thank you very much for your positive review regarding your stay.

It is brilliant to hear that we have provided you with a great start to your holiday and that you had a good time.
I am looking forward to welcoming you back.

Kind regards,

David
Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ibis Birmingham Airport
Ibis Birmingham Airport
#20 of 117 in Birmingham
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,709 reviews

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!