“sooo quite and convenient”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #45 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
kent
“sooo quite and convenient”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza as we were going to a concert at the NEC/O2 and it was fab.The hotel laid on a free pick-up from the station. It was a very short walk over to the NEC. The room was very quiet, bed very comfy and the blackout curtain were great. Top breakfast with the added bonus of a celeb !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Inga W, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear pjbrinan,

thank you very much for leaving feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased to hear that you fully enjoyed the stay at our hotel and I hope that we will be welcoming you again in the near future.

Inga

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Indonesian first
UK
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Went to see The Script at NEC / LG Arena. Want a hotel close and that's what I got ! 3 min walk and I was at the concert.
The bit I'm unhappy about is - I booked a balcony room which was a bit more expensive on 5th floor. I thought it would be a special room with a balcony ...... It's just a big window that opens by 7" at best - yes I could see the lake but so could all floors below me ???? Am I missing the point .... The room was a normal room ??
It was a special kid free weekend and the room was a let down!
Breakfast was great , staff very helpful & friendly but I'd go for a normal room next time!
Oh well you live and learn! Disappointed Crown Plaza - I'd rewrite your room descriptions !

See my other reviews - all honest and genuine

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank kellyhatty
Dear kellyhatty,

thank you very much for taking the time and leaving feedback regarding your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive the room type that you were expecting. We do have rooms with access to a private balcony so I am not sure why this was not given to you even though you booked it.
I do hope that you still enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Buckinghamshire
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I didn't actually stay here but used the bar and restaurant due to friends staying at the hotel. The service in the bar was amongst the worse I have ever come across. The prices of the drinks phenomenal - 2 glasses of White Wine - £21 and they added a service charge onto that!
We were not allowed to order drinks at the bar but told to wait for waitress service - 20 minutes later we got a waitress - 25 minutes later we got our drinks. Absolutely dreadful. Trouble is they know they have got a captive audience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Peefor07
Dear Peefor57,

Thank you very much for taking the time and leaving feedback about your recent visit to our hotel.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the time with us and that the service in the bar was not up to standard. We are aiming to provide excellent customer service to our guests and I would like to apologise that we did not manage to do it on this occasion.
I will pass the comments on to our food and beverage team so that they can use this feedback to improve their service.

I hope you will visit us again in the future.

South Lanarkshire
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stay here quite frequently and is generally very good, rooms clean and well furnished, staff are really what makes this hotel.. Reception are very welcoming, room service staff very nice... And restaurant staff good... I had a disappointing circumstance in their restaurant... But all fixed by duty manager next morning.. Would absolutely recommend staying here

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Poppin999
Dear Poppin999,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving feedback about your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you are one of our regular customers and that you enjoy staying with us.

Many thanks,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

The rooms were a good size and were well equipped. Although mine seemed to be missing its trouser press, ok for me but would not have been for my colleague who thankfully got given another room.

The bed was very comfortable and I slept well.

Food in the hotel was very good for the evening meal although rather expensive. The breakfast was average and the service at breakfast was very poor.

Checking in was a little slow but I put this down to arriving at the same time as a very large party attending a conference.

All in all I would stay again but little things like having to pay £15 for Wi-Fi is a let down.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear SHSunSeeker,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay.

I am sorry to hear that the service at check in has been a bit slow. However, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and that you would stay with us again.

I am looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Looe
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night before flying off to a warmer climate and left the car for 8 days. The location to the airport was excellent and the Hotel offered free transfers. The transfer wasn't available the day we flow so the Hotel arranged a free taxi. We paid less than £70 for the room and parking which is excellent value for money. I would definately stay there again if I flow from Birmingham or if I visited an exhibition at the NEC next door.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feeedback on your recent stay.
I'm glad that you took advantage of one of our Park, Stay & Fly deals. Our location to the airport is ideal for holiday makers like yourself who want to be able to relax the night before their flight. I apologise for the shuttle not being available, but pleased to hear that the Front Desk team arranged a complimentary taxi for you.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the near future.
Many Thanks
Clare
Caerphilly, South Wales
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Had a Bed and Breakfast rate for kids to see Girls Aloud in LG Arena.
A fairly indifferent warm welcome was the low point, after that it was all good.
The hotel is a standard Crowne Plaza, quite commercial, but clean, tidy and efficient.
They were very busy so I won't slight the bar service as slow, but I have encountered faster as 45mins for a sandwich was pushing it. The room was large with a lovely view over the lake. Breakfast was superb, full English buffet plus cereal, fruit, patisserie etc. Staff in restaurant were excellent. If you intend to visit LG, I could not recommend highly enough, it's literally 5 mins walk on a quiet road.

Room Tip: Just the usual, high floor, nice view, away from elevators.