I recently stayed at the Crowne Plaza for one night on business in room 230. I can't fault anything about my stay, hence I'm awarding full marks. The main points:
- check-in was quick and the staff pleasant and welcoming
- the room was very clean, spacious and had everything I needed (comfortable bed, clean bathroom with nice complimentary toiletries, well stocked tea tray with biscuits, iron/ironing board, hairdryer, robes, TV with a good selection of channels - both HD and basic), although I did have to search for certain things which were well hidden like the hairdryer in the desk!
- room service had a range of reasonably priced sandwiches as well as pricier options, was delivered promptly and the food was lovely
- breakfast was a good selection of decent quality hot and cold self-service options (toast, pastries, cereal, various different fresh fruits, full english etc.)
- my wake up call was on time, and a follow-up was offered
- all staff members I encountered were friendly and pleasant
I walked to the hotel from Birmingham International train station which took about 15 minutes, although about half of the walk was indoors, through the NEC. The hotel was well signposted, and on leaving the NEC it was easy to see, across the lake.
It's also worth mentioning that although construction is going on next door, I wasn't disturbed at all by any noise from it (I arrived at 7pm and left at 8am, so maybe peace from it is to be expected!). In fact I had a very good night's sleep and didn't even need to use the complimentary pilow spray and pulse point oil (which was a nice touch).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of England the Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC offers a unique contemporary style and simple elegance on the doorstep of the NEC and within close proximity of Birmingham International Airport. Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC offers a luxurious accommodation featuring air-conditioning, high speed Internet access (subject to an additional charge) and TV with movies on demand. A fashionable bar and Pendigo's Restaurant is also available for all residents and non-residents. With 11 custom-designed meeting and banqueting suites, Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC has the flexibility to host events of many shapes and sizes. Set in landscaped grounds overlooking Pendigo Lake, Crowne Plaza Birmingham NEC is only 5 minutes walk from the National Exhibition Centre and NEC Arena, 5 minutes drive from Birmingham International Airport and International Train Station, 10 miles from Birmingham City Centre and within easy reach of major UK motorways (M5, M6, M40 and M42).WI-FI Internet Access is available in all meeting rooms, bar and the restaurant. We also have very reasonable Park and Fly packages packages available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, IHG, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Birmingham
- Birmingham Crowne Plaza