“Comfortable and Convenient”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC
Ranked #51 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband, daughter and myself stayed at the Ctowne Plaza for one night prior to flying to Sharm-el-Sheikh for our holiday. All I can say is that it was a very good start to our holiday after having stayed at Travel Lodges before which seem a bit soul-less, if that is the right word! The lady on reception was very friendly and the room was very modern with a comfy beds, also the aromatherapy sleep kit was a nice touch. Breakfast was good and shuttle service to the airport was very efficient. Most important we had secure parking for our car whilst on holiday. Would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Overlooking the lake is nice
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ClareBroadhurst, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us.
I am glad to hear that you found the Staff friendly and the room comfortable - I am also a fan of the aromatherapy kits!
I will pass your compliments on to our Breakfast Chef and to our Concierge team.
I hope you had a great holiday and that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I would say this is the most comfortable hotel I have stayed in during my Birmingham spell. From the staff who are very friendly and welcoming to the rooms which are spotless and a decent size. The beds are great and you get free sleep aids. The food and restaurant are brilliant as well. Definitely recommend this if you are in the NEC area of Birmingham.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank You for your positive feedback following your recent stay with us.
It's very pleasing to hear that Reception were welcoming & friendly, and that your room was well presented and comfortable.
I will pass your 'compliments to the Chef' regarding the food.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed as a couple for one night to attend a concert at the LG Arena. In summary;

PRO's
Location to Halls (5 minute walk)
Secure parking and location
Modern clean and spacious rooms.

CON's
Bar Service extremely poor. Long wait for drinks and a snack meal at 4:30pm! After the concert at 11pm an even longer wait for drinks whilst waiting at the bar
Large crack in sink!
Overall cost for one nights B & B for two people, incl a couple of drinks and a snack meal each-£230! I think that's expensive!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback following your recent stay with us.
Firstly, I would like to apologise for the delays you experienced at the bar. I will forward your comments on to the Food & Beverage Management Team.
Also, I am disappointed that your room, in particular the bathroom, was not maintained to our usual Crowne Plaza standard. I would be grateful if you could forward me your room number so I can follow this up with our Maintenance Team.
On a more positive note I am pleased to hear that you found your room to clean & comfortable. We are in the perfect location for anyone attending concerts at the LG Arena, and I do hope you enjoyed the show.
I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Booked here as was going to see George Michael at the LG Arena. We stayed two nights and came down on the Saturday and stayed till Monday morning.
Lady at reception was lovely and informed us of things to do etc and booked us in for dinner that evening.
The room was lovely and we had lovely view of lake. Bed was lovely and comfy. The shower was wonderful, powerful, and lots of hot water. Just want was needed after a long trip to Birmingham from Essex on the National Express!!
We had dinner that evening which we thought was quite pricey for what it was! My heritage potatoes was very dry but sea bass was lovely. Also my husbands potatoes looked like slop on a plate and he ordered garlic potatoes I think it was called, but his salmon was cooked beautifully.

Breakfast was lovely, nice varied choice. Staff were very attentive to your needs and are a credit to your company.
Did treat ourselves to room service which was a nice treat!

All in all we had a lovely stay, staff are a credit to you all. Thank you for the lovely stay :)

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
I would like to Thank You for taking the time to leave such a positive review of your recent stay with us.
Firstly I would like to apologise that some of your evening meal was not served to our usual high standard, I will be forwarding your comments to our Head Chef as we are always looking to improve our Guest Experiences. I am pleased that you enjoyed your breakfast, and that you found a varied selection available.
I am glad that your roomwascomfortable, and, who doesn't love a nice hot, powerful shower to rejuvenate the senses? - I know I do!
I hope you had a great time at the Concert, and that you enjoyed your break with us.
We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

We paid less than £60 for a nights stay and 6 nights parking through Holiday Extras website 'secret hotel' deal, flying from BHX the following morning.

The room was fine and spacious - although there wasn't a great view from the first floor room and there was some light wear and tear to the furniture, these were the only small complaints and not very important given the rate.

Service was efficient and pleasant, with included shuttle bus arranged quickly, and although a typical soul-less chain hotel, it was a professional experience and clean/well-presented

Restaurant food, via 3 course set menu was convenient and tasted good at £25pp, albeit still more expensive than where we stayed and travelled around Nice, Monaco and Cannes and may explain why there were few people eating there! I think next time I would drive up the Coventry Road towards B'ham for a curry.

I didn't sleep very well, although a nice touch was the included aromatherapy kit - I just couldn't get comfortable with the pillow and the mattress had a pronounced dip in the middle. this may have been down to me rather than the bed.

I would happily stay here again,especially if I found as good a deal.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us. We do have some great Park, Stay & Fly packages for holiday makers, that make the start of a holiday that little bit easier.
I am sorry that you found the pricing of food to be high, however we do feel that our prices are competitive with establishments in the local area.
Regarding your room, I would be most grateful if you could forward me your room number so that I can follow up your comments with our Housekeeping and Maintenance Teams as we are constantly looking to improve our Guest Experiences.
I am very pleased to hear that you found the staff to be professional and pleasant and I hope you choose to stay with us again before your next holiday.

Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel last minute for a concert. Have stayed at a number of hotels near NEC this is by far the best. The first impression at reception was really great, friendly yet booked us him quickly. We had a drink in the bar and some food, both were good value and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. Room was clean and had a great view of the lake. Breakfast next day was equally good,the only critism I would have is £10 for he parking.

Otherwise definitely chose this hotel above others when going to NEC.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jo2905

Dear Guest,
It's great to receive such positive feedback, so Thank You for your time.
It is very pleasing to hear that the staff were welcoming, firendly and efficient both at Reception and in the Bar.
Regarding the charge for parking, we do find that this price is competitive with other hotels in the area, but please be assured that your comments have been noted and will be passed on to the senior management team for review.
I hope you enjoyed the concert, and, we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This is not our first stay with the Crowne Plaza chain & this stay did not let us down,we stayed here sunday to attend the LG Arena to see George Michael.We had a fantastic night & the hotel completed our stay,it's about a 5 min walk from the hotel to the arena.Very pleasant reception staff,the rooms were lovley & clean.We had a lovely nights sleep & the breakfast was really nice.The late check out was a bonus,we would recommend this hotel to anyone & we shall be using it again next year. Thank You for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nickmozza

Dear Guest,
Thank you for such a complimentary review of your recent stay with us.
It is so rewarding to have such positive feedback, that reflects all areas of the hotel.
I shall pass your compliments on to our senior managers to cascade to their teams. Looking forward to welcoming you back next year.
Clare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Birmingham
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Hilton Birmingham Metropole Hotel
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
Ibis Birmingham Airport - NEC
#33 of 118 in Birmingham

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Birmingham NEC? Share your experiences!