“Faultless . . . . almost”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
Ranked #16 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed March 8, 2014

As with some of the other reviewers I was slightly apprehensive about my choice of hotel when viewed from outside . . . . I shouldn't have been. From the moment I was greeted by a friendly receptionist the experience exceeded my expectations. The room was a good size, very clean and had a good selection of usable and comfortable furniture; the bathroom was also a good size, well thought out and had a large walk-in shower pumping out hot water at a refreshing rate. Sleep came quickly in the large and comfortable bed and it was probably the quietest night I have ever experienced in a hotel. Breakfast was a self service affair which again was well considered. Despite it being the peak time for breakfast a good selection of fruit, pastries and hot food were available and two separate sets of self serve counters ensured things ran smoothly with virtually no queuing. All in all, great staff, comfortable rooms and a decent breakfast. The one and only gripe? The elevators. Swiping to access my floor resulted in a descent to the car park or to a floor that wasn't mine! However, as I guess it's a software or programming issue I refuse to let it cloud an otherwise faultless experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Matt H, General Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Thanks for leaving such great feedback and its nice to see that the lift system hasn't put you off returning to our hotel. We are currently looking at how we can improve this area of service, we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,358)

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel did not look much from the outside to be fair. On entering there was a sign directing me to reception on the third floor. Once at reception, it was quite busy with other guests checking in, so had a bit of a wait until I was warmly greeted by one of the staff behind the desk, the check-in process was very efficient and welcoming despite the wait.
My room was on the 17th floor and had quite a view over the city. Everything about the room was great, air conditioning, free wifi, quiet, tastefully furnished and most comfortable, spotlessly clean too!
The bathroom had only a shower which for me was fine. The mirror was not of the 'heated, steam free' type which surprised me, as so much thought had gone into everything else for the comfort of guests. That would be my only negative point, although it is a personal preference!
Breakfast was tasty with plenty on offer to suit all tastes. All in all a short but enjoyable stay, if i found myself in Birmingham again, I would most definately return here. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Great view across the city from higher rooms
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, its great to get such positive and constructive feedback about our hotel. Don't leave it too long to return to see us!

Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Cannot fault anything about this hotel. The rooms were very clean, the staff were very friendly, the location was great and all the facilities were great too.

The bed was huge! And so comfortable!

Would recommend for anyone to stay here when visiting Birmingham!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for the feedback and we love that you loved our beds! - Look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

We used the hotel for an overnight stay when taking our young grandson to cadbury world. I cant find any reason for complaint, The room was Excellent our grandson loved it, The staff were all very friendly and helpful, Breakfast was really good although i would prefer proper milk with my cereal instead of the coloured water called semi skimmed. The location is great close to restaurants and attractions. Thank you for a great stay and we will definitely be using this hotel again when we visit the area

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

We are so glad that your Grandson loved Cadbury's World and we are so happy that we could look after you during your trip to Birmingham. Thanks for leaving such great feedback about the hotel and the team. Make sure you come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

A return visit here after a couple of years. I don't recall a car park on site last time I was here, but there is now. £10 for 24 hours which I think is reasonable for a city centre.
Check in was very speedy and friendly and the room was comfy and clean. We were on the 17th floor and the views were amazing. It was very quiet too !
Didn't have the breakfast on this visit so can't comment. Used the bar and it was reasonably priced and friendly service.
Still a great hotel and would recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamdi D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a five star review! We love hearing about our guest experiences and hope to welcome you back to the Hampton very soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The service. The room. The cleanliness. The front desk staff. The location. The decor. The ambience. The breakfast facilities. The bathroom facilities. The tidiness. The level of comfort. All impeccable!

A special thanks for the front desk girls how went out of there way to ensure that I receive by mail a pair of shoes I had ordered even after I left the hotel. Impeccable customer focused service!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Hamdi D, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review and we are very pleased to read that you found your stay with us very comfortable and everything 'impeccable'.
We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Nice hotel, comfortable stay. Fabulous views from our room and the breakfast was spot on. We were on the 12th floor which is ideal as not too high, but no noise could be heard from Broad St. Very busy at 12.00 on Sunday when checking out!

Room Tip: Anything lower than the 5th floor will be noisy!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for the excellent feedback, we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to looking after you again in the near future.