“The place to stay in Birmingham”

Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
london
“The place to stay in Birmingham”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel is bigger than you think, very modern and has a new feel with outstanding customer service and very large spacious rooms. Always use comparisons sites as i got this place at a bargain (standard prices are not too bad either). The gym could be bigger but okay for a quick workout. The only downside is that its about a fifth-teen minute walk from the bull ring but the bars near the hotel look very good, and the walk to the bullring is not too bad and is the quickest way, taxi rides and buses take slightly longer. If you want to a place to stay I would recommend this place every time.

Breakfast very good suggest your room has this includeded.

Room Tip: Triple rooms are good. The views over the city also very nice the higher you are.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank taz1985
Chris B, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for such a fantastic recommendation, Its great to hear you rate us so highly!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (626)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Excellent well maintained and run hotel in the vibrant area of Broad Street in Birmingham, very comfortable clean rooms and very friendly helpful and courteous staff and to top it a complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Tony H
Chris B, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for talking the time to leave us such a lovely review, always great to hear that our team looked after you so well and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future!
Tamworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Some staff very unpolite, air conditioning not working,noise from other guests, no remedy to any of our problems, very poor! Practically accused of not paying for parking until i found receipt, definitely would not return!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Tony G
Chris B, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I was so disappointed to hear about your experience with us, please let me apologise for what was clearly a failing on our part to deliver the customer service that has come to be expected of our team. I do hope you change your mind and choose to visit us again if you are in the area, so we may get the chance to show you that we really can get it right, and on this occasion it was unfortunately not a true reflection of our Hotel
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Nice modern hotel, comfortable beds, free wifi internet and breakfast, close to cinema, NIA, Symphany Hall, REP Theatre. Brindley Place and Mail Box for good choice in restaurants and bars are within 5-10 minutes walking distance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Muse1970
Chris B, Manager at Hampton by Hilton Birmingham Broad Street, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are delighted to boast such a fantastic location within the city, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We decided to stay in Birmingham at the last minute and found this hotel online. the price was very reasonable for a 4 star hotel in the city and there was ample parking which was a great bonus. Once inside the hotel we were impressed by the comfort and decor of the room and reception area. Great restaurants within walking distance so we were able to eat although it was already very late. The bed was so comfy that we missed breakfast but I'm sure it would have been great!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Stephen M
Thank you for the great review, and fantastic to hear you enjoyed how comfortable our beds are!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel is clean to a very high standard, but is soulless and the staff clearly wish they were somewhere(anywhere) else. There is no welcoming atmosphere at all. The breakfast is good, but the evening meal was awful - I had chilli and the rice was coated in an odd flavoured oil and was not very hot. There were no curtains in the room, just voiles, and the lights on Birmingham shone in. The lift system of putting your card in first, didn't work very well and felt scary. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

2 Thank Sally O
Such a shame to hear your stay was not satisfactory, our team pride themselves on the standards and service they offer, however clearly appear to have failed on this occasion, so please do accept my sincere apologies. In regard to the curtains, there are indeed voiles in front of the windows, however behind them within the window recess, all the rooms are equipped with blackout blinds for that extra added darkness. I do hope we have to opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, and possibly sway your opinion of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review
Ireland
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This was a one night stay in room 807
Good: the location of the hotel couldn't be faulted if you're heading to Birmingham for a big night out - Broad Street appears to be the centre of Birmingham's nightlife. It's 20 minutes walk (up a few small hills) from New Street station, with lots of bars, pubs and restaurants. The room itself was nicely laid out, good colour scheme, comfortable bed, spacious and the bathroom was lovely too (there's a 'but' later). The WiFi access was good, and I couldn't hear the noise from the road from my room, although I was at the back of the hotel.
Breakfast (included in my rate) was a reasonable selection; yoghurt, cereals, fruits, toast, muffins, pastries, scrambled eggs, baked beans, sausages, hash brown bites, juices, teas and coffees. It was crowded and busy, with a self service offering, but well able to set you up for the day or help your hangover.
Bad: when I first tried to book, I needed a third party credit card form to be sent to me as I had been mugged and was waiting for my new credit card to be issued. Despite repeated emails, multiple phone calls and several promises, this took nearly two weeks to do. In the meantime, the rate increased. They seemed more worried about getting me to book direct (at a worse rate!), than actually doing what I asked. Clearly listening to your customers isn't top of the priority list, although the reservations manager did offer me a drink at the bar as apology.
Check out time was advertised as 11am, with breakfast ending at 10am. So having my door knocked on at 9.15 by the cleaning staff asking when I was going to vacate the room was insulting as I was still asleep! Although I would have welcomed her five minutes later as when I went to take my first shower, I discovered two pubic hairs - yuck!
Finally the toilet seat fixing was broken, which should have been noted and fixed by housekeeping. This made me question why housekeeping was so keen to get into my room, and what exactly were they cleaning as it didn't appear to be the bathrooms!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank girlinterested
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, I was happy to read you were pleased with our accommodation, but let me apologise for our failings on this occasion, when it comes to our Housekeeping department, rest assured your comments will be circulated to avoid such happenings in the future, thanks again