Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel
Ranked #64 of 118 Hotels in Birmingham
derbyshire
“must stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

very close to the nia only a short walk to the mailbox & bullring shopping centres.but very quiet.
there is a car park on site. very efficient friendly staff. we had dinner and breakfast service & food was very good my steak was the best ive had for a long time, the breakfast was cooked to order so it was nice and fresh & no we didnt wait ages for it. they printed us a map so we could find our way to the nia. our room was clean and comfortable. bathroom was very clean, shower & bath, soap and body wash provided. tea & coffe etc & kettle in room, we could alter the room temperature which was very handy as it was quite warm in the room. cannot fault this hotel at all and we will definitely be back. really lovely staff

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BhamCanalside, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear janeyb3,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us at Birmingham Broad Street Canalside Premier Inn. I am pleased the team looked after you so well and that you had such a pleasurable time with us.

I have passed your comments onto the team & our chefs were particularly pleased with your feedback about your steak! The team work very hard in all their departments to really make a difference to our guests stay & I proud to share such positive feedback with them.

We look forward to welcoming you again next time you visit Birmingham.

Joanne Gray

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights. 1st night was Saturday. I didn't sleep whole night because of non-stopping traffic, police cars, ambulances, motorcycles, noises from other rooms, Kettle was broken, otherwise good

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Deat Wei L,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. I am sorry that the external environment disturbed you during your first night with us.

We are a busy city centre location and some weekends in particular can be louder than others . Our night team work very hard to control internal noise and generally the noise from Broad Street does not disturb our guests, however on occasion incidents in the city can impact on the hotel.

I hope you were able to discuss any issues with the Duty Manager or the team who are available 24hrs a day. If you would like to discuss the matter further please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Chatham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

We have been using this hotel now for 5 years, as it is central for the events we attend. 10 min walk to the NIA for the Yonex Badminton , 10min walk to the railway station to go to the NEC for Crufts. The staff are always friendly & helpful. Yes the rooms are a bit small but it is not the Marriot. Some rooms can be a bit noisy close to the stairwell or fire doors. The car park is well used but has cctv and a gate. Breakfast is always great. We always book a meal deal online when booking our room, the dinner menu is a bit limited if you do this but it saves you money.
We will be booking up this hotel for next year very soon.Its in the right place for the right price it is safe and secure with pleasant staff as well.

Room Tip: the only rooms that are noisy are the ones near the stairwell & firedoors.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Oke55,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay with us. I am always delighted that guests return to us when they visit the city year after year and I am pleased the team looked after you so well each time you come.

We look forward to welcoming you back next year! Look out for our £19 rooms and hopefully you can pick up a bargain!

Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband on 10th March. On arrival we were checked in our room quickly, the receptionist was friendly and helpful and instantly made us feel welcome. My first thoughts of the room was that it was small, (compared to other Premier Inns that we have stayed in) however it was clean and has everything in there that you need for an overnight stay. One thing that impressed me was the dressing table, it was actually nice to sit down to get ready to go out. The hotel is an easy 5 minute walk from Broad Street and Brindley Place, and is also walking distance to the City Centre. Free parking was a bonus, the car park is small so think you would have to arrive early in order to find a space. Breakfast was delicious, wasn't the usual buffet style breakfast like in other Premier Inns but couldn't fault it at all. All in all we had a really good stay, would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
BhamCanalside, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Dear amynew22,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us. I hope you had an enjoyable weekend in the city!

I am pleased the team welcome you and that you found although our rooms are smaller than many Premier Inns they are a good size for a short break away.

I am delighted you enjoyed your breakfast with us. We offer a continental breakfast buffet, where guests can help themselves, as well as cooked to order hot breakfast as this guarantees a freshness to our Premier Breakfast.

We look forward to seeing you again next time you stay in the city.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

An average PI - Parking is limited so arriving after 7.00 pm be prepared to find alternatives.
Rooms are small but generally clean.
This is a major city centre hotel so don't expect The Grand.
The plus side to my stay was actually the staff who I found very friendly , polite and attentive

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear MMPC_travels,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your visit to Birmingham.

Our car parking is limited however the team will always be happy to help guests find spaces or give directions to local car parking facilities. There is an NCP car park just a short walk away from the hotel.

I am pleased the team made a positive impression and hope they were able to deal with any concerns about the hotel you may have had.

Cambs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Oh dear. I've had a quick flick through the other reviews and there's a lot of people saying the same as me. The walls are paper thin and the doors bang incessantly. Obviously there's a lot of noise from guests coming in at all times of the day and night - only to be expected in a city centre hotel but the doors banging is the fault of the hotel.

I did complain and got my money back (Premier Inn have a "Good Night's Sleep" guarantee) but I'd rather have had the good night's sleep. The receptionist was lovely and made notes of my complaint and recommended I ask for a "quiet room" at my next Premier Inn, which coincidentally was the following night. She even looked up the telephone number for me.

The breakfast was the same as all Premier Inn breakfasts although I can recommend the bacon which was particularly good. Sadly the coffee and tea flasks were broken (not "temperamental" as I was told by the waiter - just broken). And there was an air of not caring - we got our bill before we got our cooked breakfasts. When we compared the service with the service we got at our Premier Inn the following morning, the contrasts were plain to see. They need to up their game in this PI restaurant.

On a good note, this is an excellent hotel for location. We went to the Birmingham Symphony Hall which was a leisurely 5 minute stroll from the hotel. Perfect. We arrived at about 5pm and got the last car parking space. Be aware that the car park is quite small.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank aapjebaapje
BhamCanalside, Manager at Premier Inn Birmingham Broad Street (Canal Side) Hotel, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear aapjebaapje,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. We value all feedback and use it to help our teams and the business move forward and improve standards.

I am sorry that you experienced some issues during your stay, both with noise and with the service you received at breakfast. We regularly review both the service, standards and equipment and I am sorry that on this occasion we have failed to deliver our usual high breakfast standards.

We are a very busy city center location and the hotel is often at full occupancy so internal noise can be challenging, particularly at weekends. Our reception team are available 24hrs a day and our nights team work hard to minimise noise and disturbance. I am sorry on this occasion it disturbed your nights sleep. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to discuss your concerns with the Duty Manager.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is the first time i used Premier inn and was very happy to stay here. It very convenient place to ICC and the New Street train station. The bedroom was clean and comfortable, with tea and coffee making facilities. The shower was good and bath and hand towels avaible. Didn't have any food so no comments there. Free internet for 30 mins but was very slow. I would defniatly stay there again.

Room Tip: Away from the lift is quiter
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear page12,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about your stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your trip to Birmingham

We are perfectly located for all the main attractions in the city centre, including The ICC & NIA, the Sealife Center, The Mailbox and the local museums. Our team are always happy to provide maps and local directions to help guests around the city.

We look forward to seeing you next time you come to Birmingham.