2,732 results
All reviewshotel la tourselfridges car parktouch screenmoor street stationcity roommodern hotelchop houseexecutive roomwhite company toiletriesbull ringcity centreafternoon teamod conswalk in showerexcellent hotelhotel restaurantself service
Reviewed November 15, 2017

We stayed here for 1 night as we was going to the Motor Show on Sunday. The room was amazing; comfortable bed; really clean and nice touch leaving a bottle of Presecco. Could have done with glasses for tooth brushes and some drawers. The recording on the TV did not work. Also what is it with hotels that they do not provide adequate lighting for women to apply their makeup? We also ate in the restaurant. This was very good but had to ask them to do my chips again as they added salt! The young man who originally served us could not open the wine and we had to ask twice for water and waited 25mins for it to appear! Please let the customer do this! Beautiful hotel though. If they iron out these few things it would be excellent. Breakfast was very good but didn't do Porridge and did not have Apricot jam.

Room Tip: Quiet room
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Natalie M, Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Hi Tonja H!

Thank you so much for your lovely words within your 4* review on your stay with us.
Although i understand you largely enjoyed your stay, I understand there were minor things which could be improved in relation to our restaurant service. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed over to the team to ensure that the concerns you have raised do not reoccur to ensure that the next time you dine with us you will receive the true relaxed experience within our Grill Restaurant.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon,

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Stayed one night as a treat for the B/F's birthday after a visit to the Classic Motor show at the NEC.

Aesthetically, the hotel is stunning inside and the bedroom/bathroom was spacious, cormfortable and had whizzy technology. The staff at reception were very helpful and friendly. However, as others have mentioned, it lacked the finer touches of a four star hotel. Ladies if you are looking for little luxuries such as, L'Occitane products or similar forget it- sorry it's just cheap home branded products. Oh, and there isn't even a mini bar in the room. I hunted for the fridge thinking it had been creatively stored! Perhaps a complimentary bottle of water would be a nice touch. Frankly, for the money I paid, I expected more.

Breakfast was interesting to say the least- There is a variety on offer to eat but the service is shambolic. We were the lucky ones not to have to have to wait for a table and to get some fresh fruit and yogurt before that all came crashing down on to the floor. Whilst that was all being cleared up, tables were not being cleared and when they were, the tableware was just placed on the bar counter. Those of us that had finished one course had to manoeuvre and pile things to the centre of the table in order to place our next plate down. To be honest, I felt like jumping up and clearing the lot myself. Instead of having a calm start to my day, I watched as chaos ensued. Some training on team working and customer service wouldn't go awry.
Come on Management! I know you read these reviews so do something as I'm not the first to point out these things. I would have loved to have given you five stars but we have recently returned from a four star in Italy where service was impeccable and those little touches were there. Yes,they will be getting five stars!

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank londonlala
Anna W, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Dear LondonLaLa

Thank you for your review and I'm sorry that you didn't fully enjoy your time with us.
On the morning you dined with us at breakfast there was an unfortunate occurrence when a glass shelf that was made with toughened safety glass, smashed during the middle of service.
This clearly was an extremely rare occurrence and the team were very concerned with getting the glass away from customers and were also removing all of the contaminated food items that were showered with the glass. Therefore this did take their attention away from seating guests.
My apologies that this did not mean a relaxing breakfast, but unfortunately this was totally unavoidable and unpredicted event that the team worked as quickly as they could to then restore the buffet included freshly cooked hot items.

With regards to the room amenities within our standard rooms we offer a selection of our Clayton toiletries, however we do offer Elemis products in our Superior and Suites. Those room types also have minibars with a complimentary bottle of wine and chocolates upon arrival. Complimentary mineral water is available in our Executive bedrooms as well as Superior & Suites. Our additional room extras are tiered along with our room types.

Should you be returning to Birmingham and wish to experience one of our upgraded bedrooms, please do not hesitate to contact me personally so that I can offer a discount for one of the upgrades so you can see the full range of what we offer. We have also already ordered our new glass section for the buffet as well.

Kind regards
Anna Wadcock
awadcock@claytonhotels.com

Reviewed November 12, 2017

Have stayed at this hotel yearly for the last 4 years under the Hotel la Tour banner. This is my first return under Claxton management. All is very much the same as it was. The food in the Grill restaurant for our evening meal was excellent and tasty. Ambience was a let down though as there is now no live music. We used to love hearing this and sitting in the bar afterwards. Now nothing. Breakfast was as usual excellent with a great choice. We love this hotel but was spoilt by the lack of live music.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Natalie M, Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2017

Hi Sue S!

Thank you for your lovely review on your recent stay with us and we have tried to ensure we keep all things in which our guests loved when we were Hotel La Tour. We still do have live singers on a Friday and Saturday evening as well as on a Saturday afternooon during afternoon tea.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your meal within our Newly named Grill restaurant as we are pleased to know that our chef's hard work and creativity in creating the menu has been well received.
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us very soon.

Reviewed November 8, 2017 via mobile

An average hotel good for business visitors. Visited the hotel when it seemed to be undergoing a name change. When I had done the booking the hotel name was LATOUR. Was not advised at any point of time about the name change, hence when the cabbie dropped me off at CLAYTON HOTEL I was on the point of protesting when I caught sight of a small surviving LATOUR sign in a corner.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business
Natalie M, Manager at Clayton Hotel Birmingham, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2017

Hi Umesh R!

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for the miscommunication during our rebrand. We changed our name on the 18th October and did try to reach out to all of our guests to make them aware but unfortunately we did experience technical issues.
We hope that during your stay everything else was positive and enjoyable and both the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

With Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 8, 2017

I stayed this week for business and everything was excellent. The staff were very attentive in all areas of the hotel including the front desk, the bar & the restaurant. I wouldn't just recommend this for business but pleasure too. Thank you again for a lovely stay, and I look forward to my next visit. B Hogan.

Stayed: November 2017

Hello LloydShoeCo!

Thank you for staying with us and leaving us a 5* review, we loved having you. Our team will be pleased to read your kind words and positive feedback on their service.
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon, just dont leave it too long.