“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Review of Ashiana

Ashiana
Ranked #409 of 2,310 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

This very unassuming place from the outside is a lovely place to eat. Proper Persian food. Very well made. Probably better than the one on hagley road. Lived in Bham all my life. I'll definitely be coming back. My kids who are 11 and 9 loved the food as well. And that's always a great indicator.

3  Thank jazmug

Reviewed March 21, 2014

We went here the day of Persian new year for some dinner, and had a great meal. The location is less than pleasant, and the outside looks pretty understated, but once inside the service was instantly welcoming, and it felt friendly and warm.

The food was marvellous - really authentic and done to a great standard. The starter platter was vast, and a great intro for those unused to Persian cuisine. The kebab makhsoos was expertly-done, and always one of my favourites. In terms of value, it compared well to other Persian restaurants in Birmingham, so that was a real plus.

The only downside was the lack of a lively atmosphere. Especially around Persian new year, I'd have expected a bit more going on in terms of music or dancing, but it was all a bit low-key. That would be fine any other time of year, but perhaps jazzing things up a bit at this time might be an idea. No matter - it was a really nice night out, and I'd recommend going if you're in the mood for something a bit different to the norm.

1  Thank ali_tabari
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Very pleasant friendly staff who aim to please.
High quality service with attention to detail. Portions are very generous, the food is of good quality, very tasty and well presented. The mixed grill is a must as well as the delicious naan bread, all the family enjoyed their meal.
The restaurant exterior is very deceptive - it is small, yet very clean and comfortable and on our Saturday visit, within an hour was completely packed out which is why I was glad that we booked a table prior to our visit. It appears to be a popular family restaurant and I agree with all the other reviewers who rated this high. We booked a table for a family of 15 people and thoroughly enjoyed our meal and restaurant experience. We will most certainly be going back.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Title says it all! If I get to choose where we go to eat I will always pick here! The mixed grill is amazing, the staff accommodating and we always thoroughly enjoy our evening here.

Reviewed February 4, 2014

So far only visited this restaurant once but it was a lovely experience. Great food, wonderful staff and a beautiful restaurant. Will definitely be going back for more!