“Given top marks but...”

Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

...I went today to Ashiana with my family, including a child needing a high chair. They had only two, both were being used, so we unfortunately had to go and eat elsewhere.

Please Ashiana, invest in a few more high chairs. You are a very good restaurant which is why I keep returning; and you can only get busier based on the quality reviews you are getting: today was the busiest I've seen you.

Another two or three high chairs would be a good investment for you to make I feel.

2  Thank BrummieGlobetrotter

Reviewed May 8, 2013

A great little restaurant with wonderful food. Excellent staff who were patient and knowledgeable who happily helped with any questions. Good value and the best baklava I've ever had. The cardamom tea was delicious, if not unusual, definitely worth a try.

1  Thank WelshCheltGuy
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We visited this restaurant a couple of months ago & loved the place. Decided to return & we were not disappointed. A lot busier than our last visit & good atmosphere. Owner recognised us from before & got a very warm welcome.
Had the mixed meze to start as it is fabulous & some grilled lamb & chicken Karai for mains. Wow,the food is delicious here!! Best naans ever! Service is friendly & prompt.
Well worth the 70 mile round trip.

4  Thank Leedsaway67
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I enjoy Persian food but had always gone to Shiraz in Birmingham which is also excellent! I tried another but wasn't impressed. But that was until I discovered Ashiana. Food is superb, great value, and good service. It is a small restaurant and hasn't been busy when I went, but that's because this is a hidden gem. Definitely recommended.

4  Thank BrummieGlobetrotter
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I've been meaning to check out this restaurant for ages after seeing reviews, & liking middle eastern food with a passion. I was passing Brum after a walking weekend in the Lakes, so I thought we would make a detour & give them a try. It was snowing heavily & so I wasn't surprised we were the only customers.
Nice decor in this little restaurant & all super clean. Lovely warm welcome from the owner.
Ordered mixed meze starter, followed by some grilled meats & a Lamb Karai for main, both accompanied with the best naan bread I have ever eaten. Light, thin & crispy with sesame seeds.
The whole meal was delicious & if I lived in Brum, I would eat here regularly. If you do live in Brum, then eat here, it is a great place!!

6  Thank Leedsaway67