“One of the best hotel experiences ever.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eaton Hotel

Eaton Hotel
Ranked #8 of 117 Hotels in Birmingham
Stourbridge, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best hotel experiences ever.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

New Years Eve 2011, my boyfriend (now husband) proposed to me, and 2 months later we had booked the Eaton Hotel. From that moment, right up until Sunday 25th August 2013, Rob Martin was INCREDIBLE and thought of everything.

As we had booked this hotel for our chosen wedding venue, my family, fiance and I decide to have all out celebration meals at the Eaton Hotel. So all birthdays and wedding anniversaries were spent here.

On Saturday 24th August, I got married, and the Eaton held the reception and the evening bash, and I couldn't have wished for it to go any better. Everything was perfect- and they were more than happy to have all my quirky ideas (bathroom baskets) put into play. Not only was the service amazing, the food- considering feeding 100 people, then a further 60 on the evening... EVERYBODY loved the food. No one has had a bad word to say against the food, and the drinks prices were more than reasonable.

My husband and I received the bridal suite and it was stunning, but the rooms my family were in were just as lovely, and as we were staying for dinner the following day, we were allowed late checkout. They were so accommodating, nothing was too much.

Not just for a wedding venue, but for the food and rooms alone. Amazing hotel, amazing staff, an it just goes to show you don't need to stay in a big fancy chain hotel to get the service!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tara P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Korean first
Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

An over-night stay, but what a great one! My room was on the 1st floor, with a view over the parking lot - I was bit surprised at the maze-like route to get to it, but even more surprised to find such a large room. It was uber-comfortable with bedlinens that were that were a perfect mix of 'crisp' and 'soft', top of the line toileteries and a good tray of coffee and tea... The staff were friendly and helpful, making us feel much at home in the evening, and spoilt at breakfast.

Well situated for visiting the city of Birmingham, I encourage people to stay at this bijou hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Retford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I spent the weekend together with my partner to celebrate a friends wedding. The reception ws held at the hotel which is why we choose it. It is well placed near to the city centre and its amenities but we were warned that the front facing onto Hagley Road can be noisy. Upon our arrival we had been given a front room and our E-mail had been lost. That said the wonderful receptionist couldnt have been more helpful immediately sorting an alternative. This first room was a small double with a wet room, ok I thought but my partner had different ideas, the room was however spotlessly clean. A trip back to reception saw us offered two alternatives. the room we chose, other than its unenspiring carpark view (what do you expect in a city) the room was fantastic. The bed was comfortible, the room clean and warm. fantastic couple of nights. The only draw back, as highlighted by other reviewers, was noise from other residents, but again a city centre hotel on a weekend will be noisy.
The breakfast was plentiful with fruit, continental and cooked. The full english was ample and well cooked although the bacon and mushrooms were a little overdone for me personnally.
The reception food was excellent, of good quality and quantity. The bar prices were fair for the location and type of premises.
Would definitely stay again if in Birmingham.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room to reduce noise from the busy main road outside.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is the hotel that all hotels should be patterned after. My room was wonderful. I felt safe and welcomed. This was the first hotel to offer a security safe in the room. Is was GREAT! The Staff was wonderful and made me feel so much at home, that I was sad when I had to leave. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job. When the deskclerk came up to help me with my bags, for the taxi, he noted that a left money on the side. He was surprised that I left the amount that I did. I informed him that the staff who looked after me and my belongings desired it.

The Front Desk was knowledgeable and helpful beyond meaure. The resturant facility was great, spacious, and a gourmet delight. The staff was warm and wonderful, even if I was the last one to come down for breakfast.

The Eaton is the home away from home. I strongly suggest anyone make reservation early, because the word will get out. This is a class of the hotel that is superior to all of the rest.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

First impressions are good. Clean, modern with a friendly greeting on arrival. Our room was very nice and at the back of the hotel away from the busy main road. Great until we tried to get some sleep. Guests leaving a birthday party shouting and banging car doors till late. The paper thin walls meant we heard conversations from the rooms next door and the television in the next room sounded like it was in our room. His film finally finished at 1.30am to be replaced by music from another room. Breakfast was very ordinary. If you didn't want cooked then the buffet choice was limited. A shame because the hotel promised much but failed to deliver

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bishop866
Canvey Island, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had originally booked into the Norfolk Hotel just down the road and had decided not to stay there due to the disgusting nature of the rooms.

We had friends who were booked to stay at the Eaton Hotel so thought we would see if we could get a room. Luckily they had availability, the staff we friendly and helpful, the rooms were lovely, clean and spacious, and the breakfast in the morning was fantastic.

Definitely worth the money we paid for the room and considering a Travel Lodge in the same area would have cost the same, this was exceptional value for money.

Would almost certainly stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tracey M
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

lovely hotel, so surprised at how professional the hotel looks...excellent staff and fantastic looking hotel! Not far from the city but nice and quiet! Excellent breakfast and lovely dining room...couldn't really fault it. Only comment would be that it would be nice to have Egyptian cotton bedding. My wife and I will definitely staff again!

• Stayed September 2013