“Fine Dining and Fine Service”
Review of Restaurant VMF - CLOSED

Restaurant VMF
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In October 2010, Aston Villa Football Club launched a new training restaurant concept, Restaurant VMF. Our restaurant offers a totally unique dining experience - award-winning food, with spectacular views of the Villa Park pitch. Set in the luxurious surroundings of the Directors Suite, relax in Restaurant VMF and sample our delicious menu, offering locally-sourced dishes which have been cooked and served by our VMF apprentices. In fact, some of the produce used travels from our very own allotment plot, just half a mile away from Villa Park. The allotment is another way the club works with the local community, with young people at the heart of this project. In conjunction with Roots and Renewal, young people grow the produce on an allotment which is now larger than a football pitch! Not only that, our own Aston Villa bees produce honey on the allotment site which is also used in our recipes within Restaurant VMF. In January 2015 Restaurant VMF was proud to be awarded a 2 star rating by the Sustainable Restaurant Association.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Treated to a lovely meal at Restaurant VFM and what a treat it was. From the minute we arrived we were greeted by friendly staff and the service was prompt and efficient. The menu was varied and we were spoiled for choice. Our waiter was especially good, he had a great attitude, a perfect blend of friendly chat and attention to detail. Altogether a lovely experience. Food was excellent and the price was even better, highly recommended.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

I visited VMF Friday 12th July with 7 others for a retirement meal. Immediately put at ease by the staff & relaxing ambiance, we were shown to our lovely table overlooking the Villa Park pitch. Very impressive! I took ages deliberating over the menu. Fortunately, I was more than pleased with my choices. Starter was mushroom risotto with asparagus which was absolutely delicious Main course was the slow cooked beef, which was melt in the mouth tender. Dessert for me was cheese as was happily full. The excellently cooked food was prettily presented. Portions don't look huge but were deceptively filling. Everyone our party was delighted with their meal. Will definitely be back. Well Done!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

A little hidden gem ,my only criticism of this restaurant is that we had great trouble finding it , and the staff on duty on security seemed to have the same problem as they sent us from one end of villa park to the other.
Once you find it the wait is well worth it and even more so if you are a football fan as the main windows afford you a panoramic view of Villa Park, we had our first drink in the bar area before being shown through to our table for ten which was placed in the window area , the staff where very friendly and helpful ,the menu was varied may be slightly lacking in vegetarian options but all in all a very satisfactory choice for a very reasonable price.
My parties choices included and excellent soup dish , melon, my own personal favourite being the fish cake starter all served and presented impeccably ,our main courses ranged from beef to fish ,and from belly pork to the vegetarian option for my niece ,all served with perfectly cooked vegetables and potatoes , accompanied by some very tasty and reasonably priced wines.
Then to desert and again a wide choice ,from lemon tart , bread and butter pudding ,all again presented perfectly, cheese and coffee completed the meal and all of my party commented on how much they had enjoyed the whole evening.
Many thanks to everyone who contributed to making the evening so memorable, I have spent many years working in management in 4* hotels ,and I am very pleased to say that the food and the staff at this restaurant where equally as efficient as those I have been working with for years

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Visited this restaurant with my husband and two children.I was hugely impressed.Excellent food and service.It was a boiling hot day but the restaurant was airy and comfortable.Not as busy as I thought it would be but put that down to the weather and it being the Mens Wimbledon final However others were arriving as we were leaving as we ate quite early.The carrot and coriander soup was possibly the nicest I've tasted and Abduls Mothers Tikka Massala Sea bass was just delicious.My husband paid the £3 premium for the lamb and he commented that he barely had to chew it.Same with the beef, and my girls ate every bit.Puddings were also delicious and everything was just so beautifully presented and incredilbly reasonable even with a hefty tip.Can't wait for my next visit which will be soon

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Very nice quality food and very well cooked. Portions look small but oh so filling! Service was a little too quick and we did feel a bit rushed. As soon as we put our fork down it felt as though our plates were cleared away and the next course delivered, not enough breathing room. When we arrived we asked for a table overlooking the pitch but were told that these were booked up. Apparently when you make the booking and they ask "any special requests", this is when you are supposed to ask for a table overlooking the pitch. Lovely venue and will definitely be back.