Travelodge Birmingham Central Moor Street
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstesco expresstravel lodgecity centreroom was cleanbull ringncp car parknew streetgreat central locationtea and coffee facilitiesfamily roomshower curtainone night staytrain stationshort staynight's sleepbudget hotelreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I have stayed in many Travelodge's over the years. They offer value for money and have always been excellent. The moor street one has just undergone a refit and the beds are huge and even more comfy than before and it came with 2 huge pillows each fab. The staff were lovely and we had a great view of Birmingham out of our window. Also it is about 2 mins walking distance from the bullring shopping centre. Would recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Sometimes work is like waiting for a bus, in that, at times you can wait for ages for one to come along and yet at other times two can come along together, as was the case for me when I returned to Birmingham for a 2nd event within two weeks. Moor street gave me more. For the price of my room I'd challenge you to find a more central City location combined with convenient NCP parking for £5.50 per night. The room was 'new' Travelodge, bright and clean with a powerful shower that woke me up after a good nights sleep in the great new bed that feels like my own at home. The staff were helpful and friendly with a smile to greet me on arrival at 10pm on a wet and miserable night. Try it and I think that agree, you get Moor value for your money with Travelodge!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank MGBCHRIS
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Booked this as attending the 40th Anniversary event for Birmingham Central Library, an iconic building which i strongly believe should be preserved for future generations to enjoy.
As such i needed to stay fairly central but I try and avoid Broad Street area at weekends. Can't fault the location, down a side street but above a Tesco Express, opposite M&S and close to KFC and McD so the fact there's no Bar/Restaurant is not a problem for me. However a few minutes after i arrived in the room some other guest thought it was funny to knock on all the doors on our floor which scared me as i'm a lone female traveller, and then when i left the hotel outside on the street the Police had a youth in a head-lock! And that was just the first hour! Thankfully despite my fears at the time those incidents were not typical of my stay, although i did have some concerns about people hanging around outside the hotel, either under the canopy or in the park next door. Very pleased with my room, end of corridor top floor and in the new-style, a step-up from the previous house-style which i always thought was too bleak. New one much better through and room was impressively clean as well.
Weekend nights especially Saturday always worry me in City Centres with the noise levels but apart from some routine coming and goings i'm pleased to say this was no problem here. Better i suspect where i was as the upper 3 floors have half the rooms of the floors below, so always go for floor 4 and above if you can. That said pictures on their website show some corner rooms on the lower floors with a double-aspect and i'd like to check one of those out! As other reviews have pointed out they do seem to have an issue in some of the communal areas with a persistant unpleasant smell - this was very obvious when i was there, especially round the lifts on the ground floor. doesn't really affect your stay it's just not very nice.
All in all good location, good value and although it wouldn't be my first choice in Central Birmingham i would stay there again.

Room Tip: Go for rooms on Floors 4-6 becuase they have only 9 rooms per floor, but floors 1-3 have 18 rooms per floor. Also if you face the street or rear loading areas directly that may cause some noise as other reviewers have mentioned.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank BrightonMiranda
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel is in a perfect location and very clean cannot fault it but the wifi service i purchased was crap!!! I spent £30 for the one month bundle wifi service as i planned on staying her various times during the month and worked out cheaper. The wifi service is given to travelodge by a company called Arqiva. i am currently on day 5 of my hotel stay and itll be the FIFTH time i call this company to fix the wifi as it is always broken, they fix it and couple of hours later it breaks down again. Neither Arqiva or Travelodge wants to give me a refund the both blame eachother. The reason i needed wifi was for work purposes so i am very pissed off at this service they provide.

• Stayed: January 2014
35  Thank DancerGib
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Due to a missed last train needed to book a hotel for the night. Luckily as I look up from moor st station there is tbe hotel, chanced it and rooms were avalible. Staff I had contact with all helpful and the hotel was in a very central location for the city, and would definately use again instead ofrushing for last train. My only criticism is was 11 at night so doors were locked, after many times of pressing call button no answer and was let in by another guest, I took a futher few presses of a button before someone came to help but once there was all sorted and checked in within mins

• Stayed: January 2014