“A great way to spend Saturday lunch time”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Arco Lounge

Arco Lounge
Ranked #282 of 2,198 Restaurants in Birmingham
Cuisines: Bar, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Arco Lounge is an informal, neighbourhood food led cafe/bar open all-day everyday where families, friends, and locals can come for a coffee, a drink, or something to eat in a relaxed comfortable environment.
Great Malvern, United Kingdom
“A great way to spend Saturday lunch time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

My friend took me here for a drink and a bite to eat on Saturday lunchtime - she is a regular who loves it. We ordered tea and coffee and a selection of three tapas between us. The tea and coffee came reasonably quickly, but the food did take longer than I would have liked (not that I was clock watching - I was just very hungry! - so it could only have been twenty minutes).

There was plenty of veggie food to choose from on the blackboard as well as a specials menu on the table with some very tempting offerings. We only stopped in for a snack this time, but I would like to return another time to try something else.

It was very busy, being a Saturday lunchtime and I had to wait a while at the bar to order. Given the style of the cafe, it looks as though it's somewhere that would have table service and I think that it would certainly benefit from this to save customers having to queue at the bar. My bar server was very friendly but there was another lady there who was serving someone else whilst I was waiting, who didn't return my smile and ignored me when she had finished serving and started folding napkins - which when there is a queue is very rude! I would have preferred my order being taken at the table for that reason alone.

So the lack of table service lets it down some, but isn't a deal breaker and I do look forward to returning to try out other dishes next time I am visiting my friend in the area. It's the kind of place I could see me spending a few hours in on a Saturday afternoon with friends. Overall, very nice indeed.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank winter-st*r

Auckland
“A great all-rounder!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Perfect for a morning coffee, light lunch, romantic dinner or evening drinks. The drinks list is brilliant for coffee, alcohol and non-alcoholic drinks so everyone should be happy. Yummy wines and beers. Very friendly staff and lovely atmosphere. The food is good but not amazing, thats the most negative thing I can say!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank LittleGems30
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Not a bad option for brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We recently went here for brunch. Staff were friendly and the atmosphere relaxed. We arrived fairly early (about 09:15am) but despite this, our order took about 40mins to arrive.
The coffee was good. We had the poached eggs with smoked salmon (looked good - apparently tasted good too), the vege breakfast (again reasonably good reports), and I had the "champion breakfast". I love restaurants that do breakfast - not many have the imagination to do anything a bit different and the "champion breakfast" was not something I had seen before. The ingredients included chorizo and BBQ beans as well as smoked bacon - sounded delicious. Unfortunately most tof the ingredients were all mixed together in a "hotpot" concoction which meant everything just tasted rather sweet from the tomato sauce and all the other interesting flavours were overpowered by the chorizo. I still like the idea, but I think some thought needs to go into how to maximise the potential from all the different flavours etc.
Anyway - a pleasant start to the day at the weekend and a bit of a treat. A good option for brunch and nice to serve something a bit different.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Bourgeois_Hedonist
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great local space for quality food, drink, and service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

A very relaxed atmosphere and decor with friendly and efficient service is complemented by a menu ranging from breakfast and light lunches to tapas, all good value and clearly why the place is buzzing most of the time.

1 Thank RJD62
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Consistently excellent breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

Have been here many times for a Sunday morning full English and have never been dissapointed. Staff are friendly, attentive and obliging. The coffee's great and the breakfast is tasty and massive. A little pricey but definitely worth it.
Highly recommended.